Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dealership dilemma…

Re: Dealership dilemma…

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin
    I can't be specific, but it was around the time that the U.S. Economy moved from an industrial economy to a Service economy. At that time, mom and pop shops started to see that they could not compete with big box stores on price, and instead started to tout service, priced at a premium, something which U.S. consumers have been willing to pay extra for for quite a number of years.

It was during this time that you saw the surge of "big box stores," such as Sam's Club, Costco, Best Buy, Home Depot, etc. The american consumer got a great deal, but generally speaking didn't have "professionals" to provide them with any service.

It was during this same time that you saw the small town specialty stores either close their doors, or step up their knowledge and sales staff, and earn the premium that was required to cover their overhead.

Some would argue that we've moved beyond the "service economy" to an "experience economy" where the service has been stepped up to goofy atmosphere, and quality of product isn't as important as "having a good time in the moment".

Examples here would be Southwest Airlines budget no frills flights, but goofy flight attendants telling jokes, etc. Another example might be Dave & Busters--the food isn't inexpensive, but where else can you have a burger, a beer, and play about a billion different video games. Rainforest Cafe, Barber shops with young attractive female barbers and sports on dozens of televisions...the list goes on.

Not trying to be a smart aleck, just answering the question!

--Scott
    Well i think this is kinda BS! Due to the fact that there is a mom and pop place here in aurora...."Aurora honda" it has been in business for over 30 years! there service is great and there people have always treated me right. Not to mention that they matched the price that fay myers was quoteing me for my new bike and then they gave me more for my trade in! So how is it that a little store in this day and age was able to compete with the big super snoby store "fay myers"?
    My crotchrocket can out run and out manuver your hogg.......The best part is it cost half the price.
    2007 GSXR 1000
    2006 CBR 1000RR
    -DEFLAPPED
    -YOSHI RS 5
    -POWERCOMMANDER
    -520 CONVERSION
    -+2 REAR -1 FRONT
    -speedo healer

Green '99 ZX-6R
    "Yeah, crazy girls are the best in bed. They're also the most likely to bite off your weiner."

I agree. Not to mention this thread is way off topic. I can't believe it hasn't been locked yet. All I had to do is say that Anthony's wheelie rocked, and that thread got locked whithin minutes . Oh well, everyone have one one me

the difference is this is a meaningful conversation

between intelligent civilized adults

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I'm more than happy to help out a local mom and pop shop... I actually purchased a few items there last year and they were .. .. but I thought that Aurora Honda - only works on Honda's ??? ..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully
    I'm more than happy to help out a local mom and pop shop... I actually purchased a few items there last year and they were .. .. but I thought that Aurora Honda - only works on Honda's ??? ..
    I have seen them work on everything... They had a R1 in there the other day workin on it....They dont discriminate, i mean there have been times where they have sent something to another place just casue they were unable to work on it.. But they are great!
    My crotchrocket can out run and out manuver your hogg.......The best part is it cost half the price.
    2007 GSXR 1000
    2006 CBR 1000RR
    -DEFLAPPED
    -YOSHI RS 5
    -POWERCOMMANDER
    -520 CONVERSION
    -+2 REAR -1 FRONT
    -speedo healer

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Odd.. I remember specifically asking them if they worked on Suzuki's (same question posed to Vickery) and the service tech said no... Hmm.. maybe they changed their minds ...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires