Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wheelie school?

Board Newbie

wheelie school?

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you ever get together to show those of us trying to stunt the proper way of doing things?

Re: wheelie school?

Hey I am looking for the same... I have been riding for about 6 months now, just looking for some experienced bikers to teach me a few things

........?

iF YOU GUYS DO HAVE THIS EVENT AND HOOPTY SHOWS UP LET HIM RIDE YOUR BIKE, TRUST ME IT WILL BE OK. HE TAKES CARE OF PEOPLES BIKES!!!!

RIGHT LOOPTY?
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24
    ........?
    Yeah, well.... =) The only reason I asked is b/c I recall reading on here a long time ago that some of you got together to do something like this. I've been doing the bounce/throttle thing to get my bike up and when I can actually get it, it seems very sketchy. I'd like to learn how to clutch it up and if someone can show me, I'll be the first in line to learn!

Sooooo.... Anybody out there that can do this?
    2001 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    Yeah but you'll be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life once they finish with you.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrguru2
    Yeah, well.... =) The only reason I asked is b/c I recall reading on here a long time ago that some of you got together to do something like this. I've been doing the bounce/throttle thing to get my bike up and when I can actually get it, it seems very sketchy. I'd like to learn how to clutch it up and if someone can show me, I'll be the first in line to learn!

Sooooo.... Anybody out there that can do this?
    If you feel sketchy throttling it up, good luck with clutching...throttle controlled on a 750 should be quite easy.
    Honestly, there are not too many "stuntas" in CSC, and it has been quite some time (like years I think) since anyone has done a "wheelie school". If you are wanting to stunt, hit up a club like Mile High Madness or the DSF riders for more of that stuff. The CSC is a very diverse group, however usually tries to be a lil more focused on safe riding, track days, and generally things that sport bikes were designed to do (which would not be stunting).
    Also, look back a couple threads in this section...one of our members posted up a video done, I believe by Jason Britton, on how to do basic wheelies.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

G'luck with your wheelie school. Seriously. At least you posted this in the right forum.

Just make sure you're nowhere near anywhere, when you're doing it. Make sure that you got as much gear on, as you can think to wear. And make sure you mentally prepare yourself for either sucking remarkably at wheelies, or crashing your motorcycle, when you start actually getting good.

That is all.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

We are "NOT" a stunt club! We do stunting for fun, but basically got out of doing it in the publics eye. We do a wheelie school, and it is next month in September. What I do is teach the throttle and balance control on a ATV first, this way you get a feeling of balancing but not worring about falling over sidways. Then once your confident and still want to learn, you can then go on your own bike. I am not a stunter, I like to wheelie though. I teached wheelie school for three years now and "NONE" of our wheelie boys & girls have EVER been hurt! Don't join Mile High Madness to just learn how to stunt, because if you do, you won't get what your looking for. I am the President of the club, and that is coming from me. We are an all around riders group. We do it all, track, Canyons, Wheelies, ATV's, and more. Just for everyone to know, we are NOT a stunter club! DSF, or FF might be your best result. I hope this was enough information for you to go on. There is some great videos on how to wheelie on the net. What ever you decide to do, PLEASE don't just jump right into rocking high wheelies. Take your time and learn in small steps. Stunting is a strange learning curve.
    Thanks!
    My personal site: www.myspace.com/eaheer

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eaheer
    We are "NOT" a stunt club! We do stunting for fun, but basically got out of doing it in the publics eye. We do a wheelie school, and it is next month in September. What I do is teach the throttle and balance control on a ATV first, this way you get a feeling of balancing but not worring about falling over sidways. Then once your confident and still want to learn, you can then go on your own bike. I am not a stunter, I like to wheelie though.

That sounds really cool, any dates set yet?
    2001 GSXR 750

Not yet we got so much going on with our rides, we are trying to fit it in.

Thanks for the information, I would like to be there for the training in September also.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"

Wheelies are for losers.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

and Loopers
    Jon

Children, the post was asking about a wheelie school. Anthony posted about one. If you have issues beyond that, pretty please take it to pm? *bats eyelashes*

<editing out BS posts>

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Sorry Jenny, I did take it to PM. Wheelie school isn't really about mastering wheelies. It is learning about how to wheelie, and learning what can happen if you push it to far. I think when I teach wheelie school I focus on the "After math" of what can happen in a bad situation more than trying to help you get your front wheel off the ground. Hell, anyone can bring their front wheel off the ground if they want. So if your expecting to learn how to wheelie and master it in one class, then this isn't for you. If you want to be safe, if that is possible, you have to take it in stages. Every person I have taught how to wheelie, has not gotten hurt EVER! What you do on your own time, is strictly up to you! If you want to go on and keep doing wheelies, then be it. If you don't want to, the that is good to. Really it is funamentals of learning the basics of wheelies. (This reply was type very fast, and I did't have time to spell check or grammer check)

I wanted to make a PUBLIC apology to onepoorstunna he is a very nice person. We got off on the wrong start, and was able to work our differences out through PM. Ok back to subject, the reason why wheelie school is for mHm only, is because of a liability factor. Waivers have to be signed and verified by a third party!

so you don't allow anyone else who is willing to sign a waiver and have it verified? (not a flame, just a question)

I can talk with my lawyer and get back to you! Got to cover everything, but I am sure we can come up with something.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Ant! What am I going to do with this "Got Wheelie?" T-shirt if you don't teach me!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Smile Re: wheelie school?

Quote Originally Posted by konichd
    Ant! What am I going to do with this "Got Wheelie?" T-shirt if you don't teach me!
    HAHAHA sell it LOL. I heard that Hoopty teaches wheelie school for CSC or something like that. Hit him up.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"

I used to, don't have a street bike anymore though.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    I used to, don't have a street bike anymore though.
    Ok Hoopty, I didn't know what your status was. Mybad.