Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm busted

Re: I'm busted

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~
    Bike got sold actually.

For your historical curiosity though, I'm a 3-term Yamaha'er going back 1999.

I had a '99 R6, followed by a 2000 R1, and then my most recent 2004 R1. "Britney" as she was affectionately called.

Anyway... long-story-short I lost my license for awhile, so I had to sell her. Right now, she's with my cousin Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh).

I won't bother embedding another obnoxiously big picture to this thread, but here's what she looks like, if you're interested:
    BRITNEY

I'm thinking I'll either buy her back from Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh), when I get my lic. back, or I'll get me whatever the Ducati du jour is. Or both if I can. Needless to say I just kinda wanna get "legal" again.
    That's where I was headed...I just couldn't see you still having a bike after seeing all those tickets on your lovely bedspread.

Heh.

Link works now.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

It had the extra http:// for a minute, but I corrected it. Should be working for ya.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~
    It had the extra http:// for a minute, but I corrected it. Should be working for ya.
    Link works fine now. My buddy had the same bike. Damn nice ~Barn~. Hopefully you can get her back soon.

Good luck.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Barn I'm going to kill you lol. I can't believe my eyes with these tickets you got. After seeing all those tickets and your still riding you know for sure that I'm going to go though that lawyer you suggested. Moreover, I don't feel so bad after seeing all your tickets
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    Barn I'm going to kill you lol. I can't believe my eyes with these tickets you got. After seeing all those tickets and your still riding you know for sure that I'm going to go though that lawyer you suggested. Moreover, I don't feel so bad after seeing all your tickets
    He's not .................................................. .............
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Although I could get me a track pony and get my fix in there. It's a damn shame that SCR is no-more. It was like 10 minutes from my house.

Oh well... Soon!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

All I can say is wow, that is a lot of tickets. I guess it goes with the territory but I am making every effort for my bed spread NOT to have all those different colored pieces of paper on it (and no flowers too )
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

He is not riding because he sold his bike and doesn't have a drivers license. You should feel bad, there are consequences and after getting a lot of tickets, you will pay a lot of money for a lawyer, you will pay through the nose for insurance for years as part of the lessons of not to get too many speeding tickets. Everyone gets them including myself but you will be paying through the nose to either fight it and/or over a long period of time when you start accumulating them.

I suggest slow down, buy a good radar detector, ride in groups, do not speed through residential/incity/small towns and reduce the chances of getting a ticket. Your wallet will thank you.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    But why would you want to PASS a vehicle that is speeding 40-45 in a 35 anyway?? I would have been happy to keep that beotch out in front of me and used it as a wall between me and the radar gun.

There's a name for yo-yo's on bikes that HAVE to drive 9/10ths on the street ------ TROOPER FODDER
    What can I say other then when/if you ever ride in a group...I won't expect you to keep up.

1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.
    2. The point of a group ride is to ride as a group, not see how many people you can beat to the next stop
    3. A few people in CSC are medically trained and know how to remove a helmet safely. But the majority are not. Unless you know for sure someone in that group can successfully perform CPR on your ass when you crater into a canyon wall, you may want to keep it in check just a bit. Ambulances take a while to get to the places we ride.
    4. Me thinks you don't know Jeff too well... He can probably outride most of the CSC on the street. Going fast involves more than throttle.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.
    2. The point of a group ride is to ride as a group, not see how many people you can beat to the next stop
    3. A few people in CSC are medically trained and know how to remove a helmet safely. But the majority are not. Unless you know for sure someone in that group can successfully perform CPR on your ass when you crater into a canyon wall, you may want to keep it in check just a bit. Ambulances take a while to get to the places we ride.
    4. Me thinks you don't know Jeff too well... He can probably outride most of the CSC on the street. Going fast involves more than throttle.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe

1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.................
    Going fast involves more than throttle.
    There is a big group ride tomorrow at Pueblo, speeding is encouraged and without risk of LEO intervention. Many of the faster CSC riders will be there and you can show everyone your mad skillz.

"a big group ride at Pueblo."

Nice.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It's not a group ride?
    Jon

I just like Bueller's way with words.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Jon

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I don't have mad skillz :-(
    Ralph, i do like your post....
    Last edited by Mel; Fri Sep 1st, 2006 at 09:12 PM.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    There is a big group ride tomorrow at Pueblo, speeding is encouraged and without risk of LEO intervention. Many of the faster CSC riders will be there and you can show everyone your mad skillz.
    I would like mad skillz, does the MRA or CSC have classes that teach mad skillz or is this some type of anger management program. I guess I don't get it.