Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency list

Re: Emergency list

That is a great price Jon. And Nick, that is a very good telmplate. Nice job to the both of you.

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    Haven't heard back from Ralph yet so here's what I have in the works if enough people would be interested

I have a friend can print up personalized full color cards like corporate ID badges. They can be printed on both sides and he can even do aluminum ones. If we can get a group buy together on them, he'll work out a couple of templates and print them up for everyone. (could throw on the CSC logo or even a photo of yourself for identification purposes). Cost looks to be about $4/ea and could probably get that down a little depending on how many were purchased.
    I'd be interested.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.

do you have a template as to what it'll look like and how big?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

It would be as big a corporate ID badge... credit card size

As for look... we've gotta figure out if we even wanna do it before he's gonna put templates together. It can have any info we want on it and look however you'd want...
    Jon

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Princess, I think I would be interested in doing this as well, probably for both Richard and I.
    From my standpoint (partially because I have potentially serious medical conditions) I would definitly like to see space for either medical conditions or current medications (though medications can change).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I'm Interested!

1.cornhuskxr

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch
    From my standpoint (partially because I have potentially serious medical conditions) I would definitly like to see space for either medical conditions or current medications (though medications can change).
    That's what I was thinking... medical conditions, medication allergies, etc. Emergency contact info.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by cornhuskxr
    I'm Interested!

1.cornhuskxr

+1

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    That's what I was thinking... medical conditions, medication allergies, etc. Emergency contact info.
    probably best to have as much as possible, because I can guarentee that if my husband was called and asked what meds I was on, he would have no idea
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch
    There is also a group (my brain is a lil too fried to remember what it is called) who you can log info with, then carry a lil key ring thingy or card that allows hospitals to access things like blood type, allergies, and current medications so that you might be able to be treated more quickly in the event of a major incident.
    Here is the link to one group that I joined while waiting out a rain storm in Monument. They give you the key ring thingie so if you're keys are lost someone can drop them in a mailbox & they'll get back to you. They also keep your medical and emergency contact info on file & give you a wallet card along with other helpful services.

http://www.aimncom.com/aim/index.html
    "Beauty before anger" ~ Cat118!

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

Okay, I don't normally do this but considering how important this is I'm going to recommend an item. It's called the medical passport and it contains all the information we have been discussing plus legal documents on a USB thumbdrive you carry around your neck or on a keychain. In case of an accident the hospital/EMS plugs it into a port and all your info plus legal documents pop up on their screen. That way, if you're in an accident, the hospital and physicians know all your wishes about life support, etc...

At $59.95 they're not cheap, but they're about the best thing I've seen as a physician for patient information.
    www.ess-med.com
    Last edited by Jaydoc; Tue Sep 19th, 2006 at 06:38 PM.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.

I'm interested, I never even thought about this type of thing. Great idea forsure

so did this thread die