Quote Originally Posted by RyGuy
UPDATE: The bike has been recovered (not to mention the deputy that was waiting for me and my buddy to pick it up was GORGEOUS- I've met a few female cops, but this one takes the cake!).... now for the bad news, it's all messed up! Here's the story and I need some help:
Okay, so around 3pm today I got a call from Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department telling me that they found my stolen bike. So I drove all the way from Arvada to Parker (About an hour and a half drive)with my friend and his pickup to get the bike. It was dumped in a creek out in the middle of nowhere... we got it up and I found that it was all sorts of messed up. The theif obviously dumped it pretty hard and decided it wasn't drivable anymore so he dumped it at that remote location. I'm soo furious right now, not only that some jerkoff would steal my baby, but then totally destroy (oh and paint it with rattle cans- the fairings and front piece were spray painted black) every piece of plastic possible. The handlebars are bent, the starter is punched, the gas cap is messed up, the left peg is gone, the fairings are trashed, the front clip is trashed, it leaks coolant, and the bottom plastics are trashed. It still turns on and the headlights are intact, but it's gonna be a long, expensive, painful process fixing it. What are my options? I heard I can try Victims Assistance (since it's highly unlikely that these guys will get caught I can't get restitution) and they can help me. I only have Liability Insurance so I don't know how much that can help me (but it was stolen and wrecked so I wanna know what I can do). Any help would be appreciated.
still ratty? wanna sell it?