Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMI Track Days

IMI Track Days

I am new to the area, and I am trying to keep up with the latest news. Is IMI open this season? What do you think of the track? If it is open, how much does it cost to run the track for the dayand do they shut down for the winter?
    Thanks,
    Patrick

Re: IMI Track Days

yes, small, $25, no
    your welcome

IMI is an ok track. Second Creek was a much better track but it closed last season. IMI is only about 1 mile long and has a lot of curves. They do allow karts on the track but during the week there aren't very many of those out there. It is only $25 for the day for the paved track and $10 a day for the dirt track. It is open this season. As a matter of fact, there are about 8 or 9 of us going on Monday September 18th if you would care to join us. We will start arriving about 10am.
    Last edited by SheDevil; Sat Sep 16th, 2006 at 08:34 AM.

IMI is open for track days. Just dodge the go carts. The track is tight, you'll be in 2nd gear. It's great for 1st time track riders. Lots of very fast MRA racers lost their track virginity at IMI.
    The cost is $25. Yea, that's all day long!
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

Couple corrections SheDevil, it is a Kart track that they allow bikes on, and I believe you mean Monday Sept. 18

what gear is needed at imi as i dont have any race pants or race suit only riding jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots at imi

All they ask is that you wear a helmet. Sound slike you have everthing you'll need. If you've never been you're going to dig-it!

A few of us are going on Monday if you'd like to come.

N-

Add me to the list. 20 bucks each for the full day if we get 15 people to show. The management is cool that way. I'll be bringing the video/tank camera.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Quote Originally Posted by SheDevil
    IMI is an ok track. Second Creek was a much better track but it closed last season. IMI is only about 1 mile long and has a lot of curves. They do allow karts on the track but during the week there aren't very many of those out there. It is only $25 for the day for the paved track and $10 a day for the dirt track. It is open this season. As a matter of fact, there are about 8 or 9 of us going on Monday September 23rd if you would care to join us. We will start arriving about 10am.
    Hey, I thought we were going on the 18th? Or has that been canx?

It is the 18th. SheDevil jus made a typo.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Leave it to SheDevil to mix everything up. Now, if I come on the 23rd and not the 18th, I've got an excuse!!!!
    03 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    Couple corrections SheDevil, it is a Kart track that they allow bikes on, and I believe you mean Monday Sept. 18
    Thanks Bueller. Worked 12 hours again yesterday and was getting a little punchy that night. I fixed it in my post. Now if someone just hadn't quoted me, then I could say "Didn't do it....no one saw me do it. "

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 18TH

OHHH and Happy Birthday Bueller!!!!
    Last edited by SheDevil; Sat Sep 16th, 2006 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3/4gixxer
    Leave it to SheDevil to mix everything up. Now, if I come on the 23rd and not the 18th, I've got an excuse!!!!
    Don't even think about it mister

Watch out for the turn with the patches in it.... Got me and Jason....

Counter-clockwise I personally think is more fun

Thanks for all your replies. I would love to go on Monday, but young minds are waiting for me to manipulate them. I would love to hook with you guys soon and hit it. I am also looking for a little ride today, (Saturday) in a couple hours. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks again for all your responses.
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol a095
    Thanks for all your replies. I would love to go on Monday, but young minds are waiting for me to manipulate them. I would love to hook with you guys soon and hit it. I am also looking for a little ride today, (Saturday) in a couple hours. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks again for all your responses.
    Patrick
    Are you a teacher? It's supposed to be high sixties and mostly sunny on Monday - great riding weather!!! Looks like we have 14 people that will be going now. Need one more to get the discount for the day........

Pixel 6 - Are you bringing your fiance?

Yea, SheDevil. I teach 6th and 7th Social Studies in Cherry Creek. Of course, I always integrate motorcycle discussions into our debates and lessons.

Sumo and I are going to roll up to IMI between 11 and 11:30 on the 18th. It would be nice to get a 20 dollar ticket but I'm not sure if we will all have to show up at the same time or not. I might have one more coming up on Monday.

I've only been to IMI once and it was my first time on a track. LOADS of fun! Videos don't do it justice. I know you only stay in second and lucky if you break 80 mph, but a hell of a lot of fun sliding a knee and not worrying about becoming a hood ornament when you swing wide in a turn.

Ok, I just called the guys at IMI. They said that they can honor the $20 price for the day, by simply letting them know that you are with "Colorado Sport Bike Club" or "CSC". We DO NOT have to all arrive at the same time. I know that our schedules are all a bit different tomorrow, so this should make it easier for all of us to get up there without having to rush, or leave anyone behind.

I'd suggest calling or contacting someone you know who is going, and seeing if you can buddy up for the ride.

I'm on a horrendous schedule at the moment because of a show I had on Saturday, but will plan on getting up there on the early side on Monday, and staying thru the day. Once my girl gets up, I'll confirm that she is going as well.

OK, There you have it.

- Pixel -
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Wow, what an awesome day at the track today. Thanks to all that coordinated today. We had a really good turnout. SheDevil, your your doing great out there on the track, thanks for loaning me the leathers. Can't wait to do it again.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Yeah...what a track day! Nice to meet all of you and you all looked SO fast!!! Great day...we'll have to do it again SOON! Maybe I'll bring the RC next time instead of the 'tard. Couldn't quite keep up in the back straight

cant belive I couldnt go today, just watched D's vid on the other thread.

Anybody want to come out on Wed. the 20th??
    [B]'03 749s #639 [/B

Perfect day! Well almost perfect if it werent for my bruised ego. Great crew and a good size for Monday. Glad to meet you all! SuperZhero, I would go back on Wednesday but I will be on my way up to South Dakota.

yo T !! its all good man, have a safe trip to S-D. I had fun riding with you last week!
    [B]'03 749s #639 [/B