Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Wind Warning on Peak to Peak today.

High Wind Warning on Peak to Peak today.

Very windy today. Sunday is a better day to ride. HINT, HINT.

Re: High Wind Warning on Peak to Peak today.

its windy everywhere lol

No kidding. I just got back from a quick ride though coal creek canyon and the wind was impressive. I was going in some areas 45mph and I could still feel crap hitting me in the back from the wind. Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy. Moreover, on some of the curbs I generally don't have to lean much at low speeds but because of the crosswind it felt funny going so slow yet having to lean so much.

Anyways everyone be safe, and ride free…but be prepared to accept the consequence.
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    . Bet I could have broke 210 easy.
    You have got to be kidding.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Just applying his people skills again.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

We rode Stove Prairie Road (after bailing on US 34) to Pouder Canyon. Had some issue dodging ICE BLOCKS that fell off eastbound RVs. There must have been six inches of snow accumulation on the top of Cameron Pass this morning. Nasty is all I can say.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

No kidding. I just got back from a quick ride though coal creek canyon and the wind was impressive. I was going in some areas 45mph and I could still feel crap hitting me in the back from the wind. Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy. Moreover, on some of the curbs I generally don't have to lean much at low speeds but because of the crosswind it felt funny going so slow yet having to lean so much.

Anyways everyone be safe, and ride free…but be prepared to accept the consequence.
    You are an ASS Sir (notice how I capitalize your once-in-a-life-time moniker--- I will offer nothing more) FUCK YOU AND YOUR 210mph ATTITUDE. I have friends whom live in the canyon you are depicting. Watch out. All we need is a license plate.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Gee... I was just trying to let folks know that there might be a little wind blowing. Turned out to be a lot of hot air.

1948-2011 - R.I.P. Lifetime Supporter Scruff Dog's Avatar

n.n - Did our ride through the wind make you grumpy or was it CU dropping another game. Thanks for the invite on yesterdays ride.
    2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
    2005 Yamaha R1
    2001 Corvette Z06

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    We rode Stove Prairie Road (after bailing on US 34) to Pouder Canyon. Had some issue dodging ICE BLOCKS that fell off eastbound RVs. There must have been six inches of snow accumulation on the top of Cameron Pass this morning. Nasty is all I can say.
    Nothin but two, baby!!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

hey Nick Ninja you want me to give you my plates now and save you the trouble with all your cheap talk
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

hey Nick Ninja you want me to give you my plates now and save you the trouble with all your cheap talk
    I would recommend that you stop the immature behavoir. Your actions on this site are being closely scrutinized.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

really, this guy calls me an ass and the likes and you give me a warning. Forget this site. ban me if you like, I'm leaving

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Jeez Canuck.. give the kid a break...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Its not a 'banning issue' with me, yet You don't have to resurect a day old post, because you were "offended". Just let it go. You are obviously on N.N, (and other members) bad side, so let it be and it will cool off and blow over.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Bassil...you keep this site fun. Lol!

Don't stop being you man, keep up the good fight.

Bassil Dude --- no worries. Keep up the good work! Statements like this:

Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy.
    ..................................... speak for themselves.

Take your kickstand plate and go back to the play-pen.

Okay I’m going to lay down all my cards on the table. For one I didn’t resurrect this threat, someone else did and it caught my attention when I clicked on new threads. For two, I do like this site and enjoyed getting to meet everyone even better.

Sadly it’s the few tyrants who wish to control or restrict what and how I write what I write that are the glitches here. For that reason I’m not going to write about how I’m going to kick your ass ******* when I see you, because that isn’t me. I’m also not going to write about how when/if I find out where you live I won’t be going out of my way to rip you a new asshole, because that would be plane wrong and unbecoming of my true nature. Moreover, I’m not going to write about how it’s bitches like you in the pen we let your hair grow long and call you Fifi.

If it is your intent to ban me then do so without your timid threats. I enjoy constructive criticism and well apologize when I’m wrong for my ego isn’t bigger then my head. But if your going to even attempt to act as a moderator, then do act like one across the board instead of being discriminate.

Moderators such as you have managed to inhibit a true atmosphere of openness and forthcoming among riders and their experiences. Because of your actions or inactions good leaders and riders such as painzer and possibly yet myself feel as though we’re not welcome here.

Hmmm this is all I can surmise at this point. Just taking a little break from studying.
    Last edited by Bassil Duwaik; Mon Sep 18th, 2006 at 02:48 PM.

1948-2011 - R.I.P. Lifetime Supporter Scruff Dog's Avatar

I too take exception to this constant glorifying of completely irresponsible motorcycle riding on public roads. Despite all of the obvious dangers to everyone on the road, it simply gives all sport bike riders a bad name. If I am to believe the common message in Bassils posts, he routinely rides in the 3 digit range. I can only imagine the lengths he goes to get around cars. Could it be that these guys are the reason total strangers in cars flip me off when I'm on my bike.
    2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
    2005 Yamaha R1
    2001 Corvette Z06

While you’re at it why not say that about the red car I drive. Anyone unfortunate enough to get cut off or something to that effect by me driving a red car and assumes all people who drive red cars shouldn't be driving must certainly be a fool. And anyone who perceives such should simply keep their mouth shut.

Nevermind, I had something positive, and funny to say but, all I can do is laugh...

Does this happen everyweek, or is it just me?
    Last edited by V-Twin Villain; Mon Sep 18th, 2006 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigar
    My take on this whole "Bassil bashing" is he exaggerates a little, well maybe alott. However it makes for some good reading. This is better then a soup opera. "As the Motorcyle World turns". Coming soon, Bassil out runs a pregnant cheetah in africa, while hoping to do Mach 2. Bad Bassil!
    Be safe guys and let's try to have some possitive posts which would be the opposite of this one.
    lol fair enough

LOL, I enjoyed riding with Bassil, he is a good friend and role model for the new bikers out there such as myself. People have there own way of riding and if someone in a car drives by flipping you off, maybe jealuosy is a factor.... or you cut them off is another. Squash the issue and move forward. PEace!

Bassil, if you are going to make lame threats on the internet, at least learn how to spell basics words first.

Second, anyone who makes lame threats on the internet obviously cannot follow through with them.

So why don't you do everyone here a favor and shut your mouth.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up