Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Smoking

No Smoking

What's up with no smoking at Bar's. Smoking and Bars go together, Telling you to stop smoking in a bar is like asking you to shit and not pee !!!!!

Re: No Smoking

smoking smells like shit, and I for one am glad to not have to deal with it anymore.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I couldn't agree more. Glad that I don't have to deal with the "pollution" that others cause.

On top of that they do tell you not to shit and pee in the public spaces of bars. There are separate rooms for those purposes. I'd be fine with there being a separate "smoking" room so long as the air was isolated from the main area.

yeah it sucks having to breathe all that smoke while I'm power drinking my liver to the size of a freakin watermelon and lets not forget the real health hazard of smoking and driving, its a bar people you dont go there to be healthy
    If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Quote Originally Posted by lifeon2
    yeah it sucks having to breathe all that smoke while I'm power drinking my liver to the size of a freakin watermelon and lets not forget the real health hazard of smoking and driving, its a bar people you dont go there to be healthy
    True but we don't go there to stink like someones nasty smoke either.
    I used to hate waking up the next day and stinking of smoke
    2000 Honda RC51

you ever smelled someone sweating after a hard night drinking? I'll take the smoke

you ever smelled someone sweating after a hard night drinking? I'll take the smoke and lets not forget the lovely vomit smells you can get in most clubs or bars and they already had non-smoking bars so why not go there. I think its kinda screwed there were choices for nonsmokers now theres no choice for smokers

Quote Originally Posted by lifeon2
    now theres no choice for smokers
    Choose to quit.
    Save your own fucking life, don't be an outcast, having to stand out side in a little group sucking toxins every hour (or more).
    What really pisses me of is the addicts that take off from the job they are getting paid for to suck down a cancer stick, in essence taking their own private break while the rest of us continue to be productive.
    10 min. every hour (being generous, you got to get there and back), 80 min. a day 400 min a week. 20000 min. a year. Thats 41.6 days a year you get paid to kill yourselves, and your bitching because you can't pollute the air we breathe in a public setting.
    Last edited by Bueller; Sat Sep 23rd, 2006 at 09:10 AM.

It's a choice, no doubt. Healthcare costs are out of control and banning smoking indoors will save billions in the long run. The government mandated a warning on the package and ya still light up. Does Donald Trump and Bill Gates smoke cigs? I hope the nation goes smoke free indoors!
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

I was excited when they were talking about imposing the bans, and am still happy that it took effect, although i was fine with smokers having their own section at restaurants. Coming from a month in LA, however, i almost wish they would let them smoke indoors, its terrible walking around downtown or somnewhere and theres 10 people outside EVERY establishment puffing away. Its almost worse having to walk through it outside.

Smoke imposes on too many people, alot more than "other" things that are done at bars... Someone brought up peeing and shitting.... what if someone walked by and hiked their leg on yours and pissed on you? Thats kinda how nonsmokers feel when you walk by and take a huge drag and blow it out, and it happens to waft our direction.

I used to smoke, im glad i quit. I dont want smokers to quit, just dont make me smell it.

06 DR650SE

I'm so glad that finally Colorado adopted the law! It was great back in LA to go to clubs and not come back with your clothes ruined b/c of the smell of smoke. There's are some restaurants/bars that were able to make an outside yet enclosed patio not attached to the establishment, so smokers can still puff away but far from everybody else who doesnt. Hopefully the next step will be to allow everybody to buy buzz on sunday!
    Token Brazilian
    2005 Raven R1

I am so glad that we are getting to be more like LA.
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

CSC co-founder

I can't agree with how all these states are banning smoking in public places...

If I own a restaurant, & I want people to smoke... It's my place dam't! "Patrons" have the right to come to my place or not. I also have the right to refuse service to everyone. It's not really a public place then is it?? Let them find a restaurant/bar which doesn't allow smoking. Sure, make the crapple-B's of the world change to no smoking.

I don't "really" smoke & so it doesn't matter either way. I just don't like people infringing their beliefs on others.

Why not a law which says you have to wear a helmet then??? Other people might have to pick up your medical bills if your insurance doens't.

Why not a law which states religion should be allowed in public schools? Hell, the majority of people are christian here, so why not? Religion is good & healthy for the soul isn't it....

Anyway...Blah blah blah!
    PHX, AZ

All of your examples are laws which force people to "do things", this law prohibits people from doing something which the majority of the public finds objectionable. If you want to allow smoking why not allow spitting, maybe I believe I should be able to spit on you as you walk by. Are you going to infringe on my beliefs?
    The good of the many, outweigh the wishes of the few.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    Choose to quit.
    Save your own fucking life, don't be an outcast, having to stand out side in a little group sucking toxins every hour (or more).
    What really pisses me of is the addicts that take off from the job they are getting paid for to suck down a cancer stick, in essence taking their own private break while the rest of us continue to be productive.
    10 min. every hour (being generous, you got to get there and back), 80 min. a day 400 min a week. 20000 min. a year. Thats 41.6 days a year you get paid to kill yourselves, and your bitching because you can't pollute the air we breathe in a public setting.
    I totally agree. Perhaps non-smokers should get an extra 30 min of break a day since they are not wasting their working time to go outside and smoke.

I also hate walking out of a building, expecting to get a fresh breath of air, and walking straight into a cloud of smoke. You just can't get away from it.
    The devil made me do it

I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, the people like me here.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

If you want to smoke at a club, so to Tabu above Diamond Caberet
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

ok so when there were several non smoking bars and restaurants long before the smoking ban all of the non smokers had a choice. If you went to a smoker friendly establishment it was by choice. However my smoking was infringing on your "right" to breathe smoke free air even though you had the option to be elsewhere?? Now that there isnt a choice for smokers and its ok? So you had a choice before as did I and now I'm the one who has no choice and its ok? Oh I almost forgot I should quit anyway because its bad for me and there for laws have been put into place by those who know whats good for me. My choice not theirs. Also if you work for a company that allows additional breaks for smokers maybe you should mention it to your boss instead of whining about it. Oh and bueller I wouldnt dream of infringing on your right to spit on me as long as you wont infringe on my right to kick you in the nuts for it. (that is a retard example as their have always been nonsmoking establishments)

One last thing take a look at denver from the mountains, yeah thats clean air your breathing now after all the brown cloud over denver is totally caused by smokers.

AKA "Devaclis"

must ...... not.......voice my ........ opinion.......
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO
    What's up with no smoking at Bar's. Smoking and Bars go together, Telling you to stop smoking in a bar is like asking you to shit and not pee !!!!!
    Please don't throw your cigarette butts in the urinal. Do we pee in your ashtray?

AKA "Devaclis"

Jesus non- smokers are angry little fuckers. Sit back, have a cig and relax

And stop taking away my rights one at a time. Debating the health benefits of me not smoking in a bar, when you could go elsewhere, is like arguing for a helmet law when you don't own a goddamn bike.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

So a non smoker shouldn't have the right to enjoy the same bar as you because they choose not to inhale the nasty shit you're polluting your body with? (and just FYI, I smoked for 10 years...)
    Jon

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    All of your examples are laws which force people to "do things", this law prohibits people from doing something which the majority of the public finds objectionable. If you want to allow smoking why not allow spitting, maybe I believe I should be able to spit on you as you walk by. Are you going to infringe on my beliefs?
    The good of the many, outweigh the wishes of the few.
    Bueller... this perspective is simply wrong wrong wrong....

Eating raw meat is a choice (albeit a potentially deadly one with the varieties of strange things floating about in meat, poultry, pork, etc these days)

Smoking is a choice... (albeit even though I know plenty of smokers its still not a bright one considering the known ill effects)

Wearing a helmet is a choice... (albeit not a bright one if you choose not to then get into a crash as a rule of thumb)

SPITTING ON SOMEONE still IS a matter of choice - however that goes to infringing on another person's rights to safe environment as that qualifies as BATTERY in the United States as you are inflicting harm upon that person - whether perceived or not - its still harm. Its denegration. Its malicious. If you are spitting on the sidewalk - fine. But on someone else - you've just violated their rights to a safe environment. Sorry... not a valid example.

Now...
    Some people may argue smoking is a similar violation...
    However --- you have a CHOICE of what establishment you visit and are a patron of. If you know some place permits smoking --- and you don't like smoke --- go elsewhere. If you like the food there and you can't get it anywhere else... do take out. Or... live with it. Its a choice.

Welcome to America - founded on freedom. Founded on choice. Founded on the premise we as a people have the right to be stupid if we choose to.

God I love playing devil's advocate!

PS ---> How the hell is this part of the Jokes & Stuff thread????
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

The "Robusto Room" down south still let's you smoke and drink. Pretty cool cigar bar, and a few hotties there too who like smoking. Check it out.

AKA "Devaclis"

But I am the one that can no longer enjoy the bars that you do. Not the way that I had been able to enjoy them. Wait for the day you can no longer drink in a bar because of the number of people who call in sick to work with hangovers costing the company money, or the liver problems people acquire costing tax payers money for bloated hospital bills, or the deaths caused by drunk driving costing lives and money. Yeah, smoke makes your clothes smell. So does mowing the lawn and filling your car with gas.

Or , I can no longer do something that has been legal in this country for over 200 years because you waive your right to go someplace else. Maybe call the radio station for playing music you don't like instead of changing stations? Wanna censor TV too because black nipples during the superbowl offend you?

I am a considerate smoker, and I don't mind standing outside to smoke. It suits me. Just take the smug bullshit to your own private Idaho and keep it away from my freedom.

(smoker 10yrs here also )