Hey all, I have heard quite a bit of complaining about Fays so just wanted to throw this out.
About three or four weeks ago I decided to trade in my 250R and get a 450 for SuMo, one of the guys who raced earlier this year is Bryan the internet sales manager, so I stopped by after our CSBA meeting (another plus for them is free meeting space in the clubhouse) to see what they had.
Well, a couple of weeks later I ended up getting a bike from them. I went down there after being up all night at work the night before, not exactly the best way to go make a bike deal.
So, I get this bike and bring it home and start converting to supermoto and found a few things wrong that kind of bummed me out, just the bike was not as I thought. There was nothing deceptive on Fays end of the deal just I was too tired and missed some things.
Anyway, last week I got an email from Bryan checking how the bike was doing (another plus, follow-up customer service). I sent him back an honest opinion of how I felt. A couple of days later we have worked out pretty much all the issues I had with the bike.
I am very impressed that I did not get a "well, ya bought a used dirt bike, that's what ya get" response but genuine concern regarding my bike and buying experience.
A big to Fay Myers and Bryan Penney.