Thread: Fay Myers bike buying experience

Fay Myers bike buying experience

Hey all, I have heard quite a bit of complaining about Fays so just wanted to throw this out.
    About three or four weeks ago I decided to trade in my 250R and get a 450 for SuMo, one of the guys who raced earlier this year is Bryan the internet sales manager, so I stopped by after our CSBA meeting (another plus for them is free meeting space in the clubhouse) to see what they had.
    Well, a couple of weeks later I ended up getting a bike from them. I went down there after being up all night at work the night before, not exactly the best way to go make a bike deal.
    So, I get this bike and bring it home and start converting to supermoto and found a few things wrong that kind of bummed me out, just the bike was not as I thought. There was nothing deceptive on Fays end of the deal just I was too tired and missed some things.
    Anyway, last week I got an email from Bryan checking how the bike was doing (another plus, follow-up customer service). I sent him back an honest opinion of how I felt. A couple of days later we have worked out pretty much all the issues I had with the bike.
    I am very impressed that I did not get a "well, ya bought a used dirt bike, that's what ya get" response but genuine concern regarding my bike and buying experience.
    A big to Fay Myers and Bryan Penney.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Re: Fay Myers bike buying experience

it's reassuring hearing something good about Fay's. Wonder if I'll get the same courtesy (doubt it).
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Hey read about your problems in the other post. I'd talk to the GM like a couple of other said. I also know one of the service guys so if you want I can try finding out anything he knows about your bike?
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

yeah I also know a couple people behind the scenes over there. It really depends on who you talk to to get your shit done right.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6
    yeah I also know a couple people behind the scenes over there. It really depends on who you talk to to get your shit done right.
    It shouldn't have to be that way. Consistency throughout the shop should be the norm. I'm glad I don't do bidness Wit dem.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

^ +1

I swear it was a year of visiting Faye before someone even talked to me.

I have had bad luck a few times trying to buy bikes from them. The last time I walked into that place with $7,500 cash in my back pocket and no one even looked at me. It took me a while before I got pissed and flopped the cash on the sale manager desk and ask what it takes to get noticed around here! He jumped out of his chair like it was on fire. Maybe next time I should walk in with a credit score tattooed to my head. I jerked his chain for awhile, and bailed. I would rather buy from some place that has customer S.E.R.V.I.C.E. Noval ideal, I know. I'm glad to hear someone can get them to work for them.
    "05" ZX-10 (Sold), "04" YZF450 (Sold), "02" Hertitage...

Quote Originally Posted by V-Twin Villain
    I have had bad luck a few times trying to buy bikes from them. The last time I walked into that place with $7,500 cash in my back pocket and no one even looked at me. It took me a while before I got pissed and flopped the cash on the sale manager desk and ask what it takes to get noticed around here! He jumped out of his chair like it was on fire. Maybe next time I should walk in with a credit score tattooed to my head. I jerked his chain for awhile, and bailed. I would rather buy from some place that has customer S.E.R.V.I.C.E. Noval ideal, I know. I'm glad to hear someone can get them to work for them.
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!! I have given them the opportunity to compete for my business three times......all three times I was either ignored or floated a low ball price only to have a plethora of add on's that increased the price by 30%. When someone tells me they bought their bike from Fay, I automatically know they've been swindled and/or have no negotiating skills.

I bought my SV from Fay because a friend of mine knew the sales manager ove there and they gave me a good deal compared to other local shops. I had cash and was ready to buy. We settled on an OTD price but when I came to get the bike, they added a plethora of "extras" onto it. I was so pissed! When all was said and done, I could've saved $500 by driving down to the Springs.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

they're ok....pretty good selection....almost bought my bike there....got a better deal at aurora honda.....plus the bike was still in the crate....spankin new....

wow really? 2006.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Holy tape delay, Batman.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

lol... yup
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Talk about bad lag...

I've bought a few thing from them. My favorite was the spun bearing that they sold me in a new box. Wasted two days with that one.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Locked. No need to revive a 4 year old thread.

Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.