Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedrosa is an idiot

Pedrosa is an idiot

Way to go Dani take the championship away from your teammate.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

Re: Pedrosa is an idiot

Can you believe that. I hope Honda drops his ass for that. Somebody else will pick him up, but that sucks.

as if it would have made a difference... the championship was gonna be taken away from nicky by rossi anyway. though it does suck, i agree.
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

that sucked now its a huge uphill battle for nicky, he will have to finish 1st and hope that rossi will be 3rd or worse to win the championship. he still has a shot but to bad the next race is at one of rossi's best tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Black
    as if it would have made a difference... the championship was gonna be taken away from nicky by rossi anyway. though it does suck, i agree.
    that's a pretty defeatist point of view. all nicky (or any other racer) wants is to have it be determined on his own merits, not have it taken from you by someone elses error
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

rossi did have the momentum to win... it would have been nice to see that crash not happen... i was hoping for a Rossi 1st, Nicky 3rd result causing a 'whoever wins the race' end of season at valencia.

it sucks... definately... hayden did start the fight w/ the pass the lap before... pedrosa just made a stupid! mistake for sure.

jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    Way to go Dani take the championship away from your teammate.

Lurch
    I gotta think someone's "end of season bonus" just got cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Black
    Ditto - As for Pedrosa, it's a race and mistakes happen. You can't fault the guy for wanting to win.

Just watched the interview that Nicky gave after and he said Honda gave NO orders to anyone. You figure that they would have told Dani to protect Nicky since he is the most agressive of the Honda riders out there.
    Honda should have told all the riders that if Nicky won the Championship then there is a bonus for everyone.
    The next round will be a MUST SEE TV EVENT..

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

HUGE congrats to Elias! That boy was on fire today, and his awesome sideways form reminded me of the likes of Walker/Haga. And the unbelievable breaking this guy demonstrated today made even Rossi crap in his pants. Hopefully he'll get to keep his seat at Gresini, since he was pretty much about to be kicked out.

It sucks that Dani took out Nicky. Dani's still young, and it was probably the low point of his career. I am completely shocked that the rumors of "No team orders in the Repsol Honda camp" was true. Honda's making some very stupid decisions by not placing in team orders for this race, especially since I feel Nicky would have won this race to further the spread. That's right, I said it.

Though Rossi did have the momentum, as we all saw, he never got away from the pack like he usually does. Edwards did awesome keeping team orders, but Rossi didn't take off like I thought, allowing the pack to eventually catch up to him. I think Nicky had a damn good chance of winning this one, and it's a shame.

Last race is going to be awesome. I'm glad MotoGP is not just a one person championship this year. It's been the most fun since 990s rolled in.

Yusuke
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Complete fucking bullshit. I hope Pedrosa looses his contract.
    2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200
    04 R1... it looked fast for a reason (gone)

Yep there is no excuse for that. When you riding at a level they do, you think stupid shit like that wouldn't happen. Pedrosa needs to lose his ride with honda.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r
    Though Rossi did have the momentum, as we all saw, he never got away from the pack like he usually does.
    but then again once he got the word that nicky crashed he didnt need to run off and leave anybody. he podiumed and that'll be good enough and he knows it. he's a smart racer. if you'll notice his best lap was over 0.5 seconds ahead of nicky's in p3 and no one else was even close to him. he did only what he had to do and no more.
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Dani is my fucking hero!!
    If I could I'd buy him a drink. Way to save the day.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

I think Nicky would have won today too. Yeah, Nicky made a close pass on Dani, but he MADE it! I hope Honda drops Pedrosa for taking out his teammate at such a crucial stage of the championship.

Hey Jeff, can I borrow that crystal ball of yours? I need it to dial up some winning lotto numbers for me.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I’m angry with Pedrosa too, even if Honda didn’t give any team orders.
    Here’s the link to a post race interview with Hayden and it shows what a class act he is. He seems to be getting passed today’s crash and has quickly focused on the next round. Maybe by some miracle he can still win the title. The last race will be an exciting event.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/sport/video/61000/bb/61513_16x9_bb.asx

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    I’m angry with Pedrosa too, even if Honda didn’t give any team orders.
    Here’s the link to a post race interview with Hayden and it shows what a class act he is. He seems to be getting passed today’s crash and has quickly focused on the next round. Maybe by some miracle he can still win the title. The last race will be an exciting event.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/spo...13_16x9_bb.asx
    Yes, I think websters defines class act as "screaming obcsenities on television in 30 countries"
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Pedrosa, Is s fucking PUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r
    Though Rossi did have the momentum, as we all saw, he never got away from the pack like he usually does. I think Nicky had a damn good chance of winning this one, and it's a shame.

Yusuke
    Mo ii wa - What do you mean he didn't run away like he usually does? The top four finished within a second of each other and the next bike that crossed the line was almost 20 seconds after that. Hayden might have won this one if he had secured pole, but he didn't. The early DNF is a shame, but a podium finish for Hayden was just as likely as a late crash during the final shootout.

As far as I'm concerned Honda won this race and that's all Honda wanted. If the M1 had the stomp of the 211v you can bet Rossi would have "got away" and then some. If Hayden manages to interrupt Rossi's otherwise complete sweep of 990cc MotoGP it will be because Honda will win it for him. If Rossi wins, it will be because he's the best rider. The same can't be said for Hayden.

The bottom line is, Rossi wants this more than Hayden and has the vision. The crash is probably the best thing that could have happened to Hayden at this point. Now, instead of worrying about how to hold on to a failing lead, he can concentrate on getting it back. Dani will do his part to make it happen, team orders or no. - Maido
    Last edited by Mecha Hayai; Sun Oct 15th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

I love seeing Rossi win, but it would have been awesome to see Nicky win this year! He's worked too hard for that little damn Pedrosa to take it away. WTF was he thinking would work within that 2 milimetres of space? Cross country over the chicane to overtake Hayden? That was a dumb ass move
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

FWIW, I watched the crash over and over (and over) again on DVR, and the line that Pedrosa took had a bump in the entrance to the corner, which caused his front end to loose grip. It seems the bump was only on the inside of the entrance, as no other riders displayed the same front-end bounce on entry to that corner. Had the pavement been smooth, I have no doubt in my mind that Pedrosa would have been able to make the pass stick, but it was that bump that caused him to tuck the front. I doubt he ever tried that line in practice, otherwise he probalby would have known about the bump.

Sucks for Hayden and his championship hopes, but that's racing.

The rest of the race, especially the last lap, was exciting!!!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

to win (or lose) by .002 of a sec makes for an exciting finish.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Passin' on the inside on the paint ---- way to help out your team
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha Hayai
    Mo ii wa - What do you mean he didn't run away like he usually does? The top four finished within a second of each other and the next bike that crossed the line was almost 20 seconds after that. Hayden might have won this one if he had secured pole, but he didn't. The early DNF is a shame, but a podium finish for Hayden was just as likely as a late crash during the final shootout.

As far as I'm concerned Honda won this race and that's all Honda wanted. If the M1 had the stomp of the 211v you can bet Rossi would have "got away" and then some. If Hayden manages to interrupt Rossi's otherwise complete sweep of 990cc MotoGP it will be because Honda will win it for him. If Rossi wins, it will be because he's the best rider. The same can't be said for Hayden.

The bottom line is, Rossi wants this more than Hayden and has the vision. The crash is probably the best thing that could have happened to Hayden at this point. Now, instead of worrying about how to hold on to a failing lead, he can concentrate on getting it back. Dani will do his part to make it happen, team orders or no. - Maido
    Let me clarify my point. In this round, it seems he didn't have a good setup to start pulling away from Edwards/Elias/Roberts like he would do in the closing laps when he's stalking some one or when he's being pursued. No offense to Edwards, but if Edwards can keep up with Rossi, I tend to think there's something wrong with Rossi's setup/bike instead of thinking Edwards all of the sudden is as good as Rossi. Rossi even mentioned this too after the race, commenting about how he didn't have a good bike setup for the race.

I actually do think Hayden could have won it from where he was in the race before the fall (3rd place). I'm not sure about your point about him needing to be on pole to win the race? Rossi himself have proved over and over again that one doesn't need to be on pole to win a race.

As for Honda winning it for Nicky, well, I'm not disagreeing with ya here. He's been on the RC211V for 3 years, and he's finally challenging the lead by being consistent and enjoying Rossi's misfortunes. Pedrosa walks in and just gets on it like he's known the bike for so long. Regardless, it's nice seeing an ex-superbiker do good in the pinnacle of road racing.

Bottomline for me is, as long as we have a dead heat for the championship, that is all that matters. It makes the races/championship that much more exciting to watch.

Also, are you actually Japanese, or 'trying' to be Japanese? Not trying to be offensive here. Just curious since you throw in what seem like odd Japanese phrases at the beginning and end of your post, along with your name translating to "Extremely fast".

Yusuke
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.