Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pedrosa is an idiot

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Re: Pedrosa is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Black
    but then again once he got the word that nicky crashed he didnt need to run off and leave anybody. he podiumed and that'll be good enough and he knows it. he's a smart racer. if you'll notice his best lap was over 0.5 seconds ahead of nicky's in p3 and no one else was even close to him. he did only what he had to do and no more.
    I guess so, but I still think he was just trying to win it but couldn't. He just didn't have his usual confidence in setup. He was dicing it pretty good with Elias/Roberts in the closing stages.
    Earlier on, he knew Edwards was in 2nd for awhile. I think he would have tried to capitalize as much as he could while the blockage lasted. Even Edwards stated this fact.
    I think Rossi's slower pace was more due to his setup issues than anything else. I'm sure him being 1st with 13 (?) points ahead versus 8pts would be much more secure going into the final round.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Justed watched the race and all the interviews. Gotta say I like the plan of Nicky and Danni 1-2...

Damn shame that this couldn't have been played straight up.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

So is there gonna be a gathering somewhere to watch the last round and all the action?

Hayden had this season won after Laguna, and has sucked ever since. He crashed out yesterday, but he's been giving this thing away for months. Fuck him.

Edwards showed what it means to be a perfect teammate.

Pedrosa is evil. All midgets are, and shouldn't be trusted.

Hayden traded paint with Pedrosa first. This doesn't make Pedrosa's actions right, but Hayden set the tone for the race.

Rossi is the best racer I've ever seen, and I've seen them all.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    Passin' on the inside on the paint ---- way to help out your team
    He wasn't on the paint.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Well, it was an awesome race, with a great first-time winner. did you see him on the brakes?!?! He deserved to win this.

As far as Dani, I agree with Spidey, we ran it back a few times on 'Scruffs Tivo. also, as Bheth said, Hayden put a pretty hard pass on Dani earlier, setting the tone. And tell me Nicky hasn't taken anyone out before. Just a racing incident. Get over it. But, it was absolutely stupid for Honduh NOT to have team orders. I can see not having them if Dani was as close as he was in points earlier in the season, but not now.

As much of a redneck American as I am, I'd LOVE to see Nicky win it.....but I'm underwhelmed with him. I'm much more impressed with Dani. And Rossi, well, he's just on another planet.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    FWIW, I watched the crash over and over (and over) again on DVR, and the line that Pedrosa took had a bump in the entrance to the corner, which caused his front end to loose grip. It seems the bump was only on the inside of the entrance, as no other riders displayed the same front-end bounce on entry to that corner. Had the pavement been smooth, I have no doubt in my mind that Pedrosa would have been able to make the pass stick, but it was that bump that caused him to tuck the front. I doubt he ever tried that line in practice, otherwise he probalby would have known about the bump.
    I don't know about the bump, but what Dani said happened was he overbraked and raised the rear. When it came down the bike surged forward overloading the front as he didn't have the throttle closed enough.

remember that one time when the two hondas crashed? Yeah, that was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing
    remember that one time when the two hondas crashed? Yeah, that was awesome.
    Remember that one time Kawasaki's took a MotoGP.... oh wait...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r
    Also, are you actually Japanese, or 'trying' to be Japanese? Not trying to be offensive here. Just curious since you throw in what seem like odd Japanese phrases at the beginning and end of your post, along with your name translating to "Extremely fast".

Yusuke
    Yes and no - I was in Japan long enough to really enjoy the best of it and know there's no such thing as 'trying' to be Japanese. I'm no more Japanese than you are.

if I was a Kawk nut I would take offence. I don't like any brand. Suzuki sucks, Yami sucks, Kawi suck, Honda really sucks, Triumph sucks, Aprilia sucks, MV sucks, Ducs suck, Derbi sucks, Hyosung (sp) sucks. Everybody sucks.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

One would think that regardless of "team orders" there are unspoken orders that if your teammate is in the championship race that you should do whatever you have to do to help him win the championship (like Edwards).

The accident itself, yeah that's just racing, but my thought is Pedrosa shouldn't have been trying to pass Hayden in the first place, just protecting him. At the beginning of the season all bets are off, but at this stage he could have cost him the championship.

Elias was just sick, that P3 to P1 pass was bad-ass and I'll definitely look out for him in coming races.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

if I was a Kawk nut I would take offence. I don't like any brand. Suzuki sucks, Yami sucks, Kawi suck, Honda really sucks, Triumph sucks, Aprilia sucks, MV sucks, Ducs suck, Derbi sucks, Hyosung (sp) sucks. Everybody sucks.
    Nice!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Hayden - Riding not to lose
    Rossi - Riding to win

Like a lot of people have said "Hayden set the tone with his pass in the same corner," I'm sure Dani didn't mean to take him out but give Nicky "some of his own medicine" and in a way tell Nicky "if you going to pass me, keep it clean or I'll treat you the same." Congrats to Dani for no letting Nicky "bully" him around. If Nicky had used HIS head and passed Dani CLEAN I'm sure this incident wouldn't have happened.

For those needing glasses Dani was on the paint, due to a "bump" or more than likelly due to front breaking and trying to avoid Nicky when he figured out too late that he was in too deep.

Congrats Randy De Puniet on 10th place! GO GREEN!!!!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

and of course you failed to mention BMWs cause they kick the serious ass!!!
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Breaker
    Yes, I think websters defines class act as "screaming obcsenities on television in 30 countries"
    I think that Hayden showed a lot of restraint given the circumstances…as in not pounding his teammate neck deep into the gravel trap.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy
    I think that Hayden showed a lot of restraint given the circumstances…as in not pounding his teammate neck deep into the gravel trap.
    Considering he's like 4' 10" and 100lbs or something, wouldn't that be considered child abuse?

He sure was (deservidly) cursing though! Tough, but........that's racing. Schwantz has been taken out (and badly broke his wrist) by none other than Doohan one year he very well could have won the title.

I think that would have been pretty much 100% preventable if Honda had given team orders, and I'm SURE they're kicking their own asses for that. Wouldn't happen to Ferrari.......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

And if Suzuki could build a decent GP bike there might even be more contention for the championship.

They'd be better off racing a gixxer 1000 in GP than the turd they developed for GP racing.....

(had to do it to you Frank)

rybo<------lights fire and slowly walks away.......

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO
    And if Suzuki could build a decent GP bike there might even be more contention for the championship.

They'd be better off racing a gixxer 1000 in GP than the turd they developed for GP racing.....

(had to do it to you Frank)

rybo<------lights fire and slowly walks away.......
    Hey, you ain't kidding. Nobody wishes it more than me, lemme tall ya!

My question is they seem to do pretty well in qualifying, and for the first few laps, then go steadily backward. Why? They did good at Laguna for a while.... Maybe Rossi should go to Suzuki (before finishing his career with Ducati) and turn them around so we can have all the manufacturer's fighting it out.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I have a couple theorys around why Suzuki can't get it to come together for a whole race.

1. The engine design in the Suzuki is harder on tires than the other brands that are using bridgestones. As the race wears on the performance of the tire decreases to the point where they just can't be competitive.

2. The chassis is just enough harder to ride at peak performance that the John and Chris can make it come together for short periods of time, but they just get worn out during the course of the race. They are in great shape, to be sure, but so is everyone else in the grid. The riders on bikes that are easier to ride can maintain peak performance longer.

3. The honda may be fugly, but Suzuki sucks?

BMW sucks

BMW sucks
    You've obviously never driven an E46 M3 with the traction control turned off. BMW makes fantastic CARS.

Good god Hayden is a whiney little bitch.
    I hate him more now than ever
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up