Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pedrosa is an idiot

Re: Pedrosa is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by BHeth
    You've obviously never driven an E46 M3 with the traction control turned off. BMW makes fantastic CARS.
    if I need to clarify I was talking about bikes and not cars, you obviously missed the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing
    if I need to clarify I was talking about bikes and not cars, you obviously missed the joke.
    BMW makes motorcycles?
    Last edited by BHeth; Mon Oct 16th, 2006 at 02:57 PM.

I know, I was just trying to be a dick.

Thats my job
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing
    I know, I was just trying to be a dick.
    Sorry, I'd already changed my post before I read yours. I hate it when that happens.

PWND

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha Hayai
    ...........there's no such thing as 'trying' to be Japanese. I'm no more Japanese than you are.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    Mecha Hayai and I sorted this confusion off line Bueller.

So, are we all having a LAST MOTOGP RACE VIEWING PARTY any where like Joby posted???

What about Jillians?
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Quote Originally Posted by BHeth
    BMW makes fantastic CARS.
    BMtroubleyous are great driving cars if you can afford to keep them maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha Hayai
    BMtroubleyous are great driving cars if you can afford to keep them maintained.
    Agreed. That's why I gave mine up and am currently looking for a classic Datsun Z.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    I think that would have been pretty much 100% preventable if Honda had given team orders, and I'm SURE they're kicking their own asses for that. Wouldn't happen to Ferrari.......
    of course Nicky isnt team principal and its not in his contract that he is to be #1 driver/rider no matter what happens. imagine how boring motogp would be if they had stuff like that. it would like watching f1, of course then we could sleep since the bike would be 15 seconds apart.

WTF!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Now that there is funny......

Thats fookin great.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

'02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    He wasn't on the paint.
    but VERY close though. His tires were off the paint but he buried the his left peg into the curb. Which i'm sure didn't help matters. Looks like he had the room to pass, but WRONG place to pull it off with the curbing there.

It was hard getting the shot of the spark, but this was the 2nd time he sparked his peg in that corner. First one one was miliseconds before. This one he already lost it.

From that view it sure does look like Dani was in the wrong place trying to do the wrong thing.

Team orders or not Dani should of never tried that pass. So what if Nicky started the whole thing 2 laps earlier. Nicky is going after a Championship and Dani was chasing 4th at best.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

The picture also gives a really good idea of how fast Pedrosa was going right then, which had to be far faster than Hayden was. IF they had been going about the same speed, based on that screen shot pedrosas bike would have gone behind Nicky's.

I'm not a huge Pedrosa fan, but this shot lends credibility to his statement that he just got into the corner WAY too hot and couldn't get it slowed down. In that case it looks like he went way to the inside to give hayden as much room as possible?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KooLaid
    but VERY close though. His tires were off the paint but he buried the his left peg into the curb. Which i'm sure didn't help matters. Looks like he had the room to pass, but WRONG place to pull it off with the curbing there.

It was hard getting the shot of the spark, but this was the 2nd time he sparked his peg in that corner. First one one was miliseconds before. This one he already lost it.
    That's a great shot!!! ( Kudos for getting it!). When I said he wasn't on the paint, I was referring to when he initially lost the front end (and I was watching from the overhead view). Whether or not his line would have put him on the paint, I don't know.

Is that video clip on the net anywhere? I'd like to see that view again in slow motion. If it's not online, I'll have to wait until tonight and find it on the DVR.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO
    I have a couple theorys around why Suzuki can't get it to come together for a whole race.

1. The engine design in the Suzuki is harder on tires than the other brands that are using bridgestones. As the race wears on the performance of the tire decreases to the point where they just can't be competitive.

2. The chassis is just enough harder to ride at peak performance that the John and Chris can make it come together for short periods of time, but they just get worn out during the course of the race. They are in great shape, to be sure, but so is everyone else in the grid. The riders on bikes that are easier to ride can maintain peak performance longer.

3. The honda may be fugly, but Suzuki sucks?
    All three of those sound reasonable to me!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Great shots! (Note to self: stay off the friggin' paint.....)
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac020
    Friggen proxy! I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    (Note to self: stay off the friggin' paint.....)
    Actually, it's not the paint itself that's slippery - to meet FIM standards, the paint has to be non-slip, and costs in the neighberhood of $100/gallon - Miller Motorsports Park has their curbs painted with this stuff (most tracks don't though, so I guess your note to self still stands. ). What usually causes problems with the curbing is the unsettling caused by going from a flat surface to a slanted surface. Another thing that comes into play, is if you're already on the edge of your tire on the asphalt, you're beyond it when you hit the curb.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Part of an article from MotoGP:

Furthermore, the marketing people from Repsol YPF, the Spanish-Argentine petroleum and natural gas company, seem not to care at all what Hayden does. I have been told by Repsol insiders that “Dani is why we are here.”

In 2005 a Spanish paper published a article in which Suguru Kanazawa, president of HRC and the ultimate racing boss, was quoted saying, “We believe of all the riders at this moment Dani Pedrosa is the only one capable of beating Rossi.”

I thought that was an extraordinary thing to say, even if it was true, because at the time his riders were Max Baiggi and Nicky Hayden. I suspected that it might be a false or a doctored quote, so I translated it into English and officially asked Honda if they would confirm or deny it. They wouldn’t confirm or deny it.

If the situations had been reversed with Pedrosa leading by 12 points with two races to go, Hayden would have done what Edwards was doing, and, as in Edwards’ case, no one would have had to have told him to do it.

Will Pedrosa help Nicky in Valencia?

That is a question that Pedrosa himself is going to have to answer and the answer will reveal what kind of man this 21-year-old three-time World Champ ion really is.

A dejected Nicky said, “It just hurts. I had a really hard race tire on especially for the left-handers and I couldn’t believe how comfortable I felt in the first few laps. I was a lot faster than Edwards and I felt I could go and see what Valentino had. I didn’t expect Dani to pull over and let me past but I didn’t expect him to do that. We’re professionals and Dani did come by my motorhome and we shook hands. I proved this weekend that I wasn’t going to give up without a fight and even now I believe I’m still pretty strong. The World Championship is still possible.”
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Tue Oct 17th, 2006 at 08:29 AM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522