Thread: Deer Creek Canyon Update

Deer Creek Canyon Update

Last night, after giving my Exige a bath, I drove out Titan Road and up and around Deer Creek Canyon.

The paving project is nearly complete. Maybe only a few days to go--maybe a little longer with weather issues. The road is freshly paved all the way to the Deer Creek Road turn off. That's the one that turns left off of Deer Creek Canyon and goes up the hill to the twisties with the big drop-off on the left-hand side.

The only paving that looks to be finished is the uphill side of Deer Creek ROAD. They are paving from Deer Creek Canyon to the start of the three speed bumps. The downhill side, from the speed bumps is done.

Grip, is excellent! The road is very clean. We'll see what the weather and sand trucks do to it in the next few days...

Personally, I don't think there is anyone, on a bike, that can outcorner me on that top section of DCR. Of course, I'm on four wheels. Man, you gotta have guts up there. Doing an imitation of Superman for 10 seconds, over the edge, is not out of the question.

Be advised, there is quite a bit of wash-out toward the top of the twisties.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Deer Creek Canyon Update

Hey Pilot-

What's that ride go for? 50-60k?

Just wondering?
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL*
    Hey Pilot-

What's that ride go for? 50-60k?

Just wondering?
    There you go...

http://www.ferrariofdenver.com/inventory.cfm?site=lotus
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Damn...nice!

Thanks Salsa.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Yah, but it's dem shoes that really break ya! Gotta have them cool looking Goodyears!

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark
    Good Lawd thats alot of bikes

Beautiful car all tha same
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Yeah we hit that stretch on the way back on Sunday, our half was freshly paved and it was absolutely perfect, beautiful stretch of road. And with all those super tight turns, I imagine you'd be quite a bit faster in the Lotus than us on our bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot
    Personally, I don't think there is anyone, on a bike, that can outcorner me on that top section of DCR. Of course, I'm on four wheels. Man, you gotta have guts up there. Doing an imitation of Superman for 10 seconds, over the edge, is not out of the question.

Be advised, there is quite a bit of wash-out toward the top of the twisties.

Must have forgotten about me.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by krod

Must have forgotten about me.
    that includes motars

Rider Workshop-USA

HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Hitting your head against a wall won't make you any faster. I tried that once=no good.

Rider Workshop-USA