Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your most embarrassing motorcycle story

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Re: What is your most embarrassing motorcycle story

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis
    I rode a Yamaha once. Embarrassed the hell out of me needless to say
    1) Going to Brek's for my first CSC happy hour (on my Sportster) and a block away my master link disassembles on me. Couldn't find the link clip so I limped it in, parked in line with about 30 crotch-rockets. Snuck in and asked Dana to borrow the hawk. He asks why, I tell him in hushed voice what happened, and proceeds to holler out something like "What? Your Harley fell apart again!".
    Needless to say when I got back with another master link a couple dozen people all stood there on the ramp in front of Brek's and snickered at the knuckle dragger roadside repair.

2) Riding Dana's Hawk I got passed by an 8 year old on a weed-whacker equiped skateboard.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

AKA "Devaclis"

My bike was not built for fat people. It carries me around just fine
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

ahh the fizzer....

1st embarassing moment on the fizzer. Go to Marauders house to check out the bike, never ridden a bike at all except for in the MSF course. so he brings the bike out, down the driveway and parks it for me. i take it out for a little ride around the block, trying to remember what to do and bring it back. now for some reason, which i have no idea of why, but i drive past J and his neighbors and instead of just stopping and parking it there i think that i should park it on the drive way which is alittle hill. so i pull up, hold the front brake, and because i'm on a hill and i'm short and apparently retardid that day, i can't get good footing and lose my balance and the bike starts to go down. I screamed OH SHIT THE BIKE'S FALLING and jeremy and his neighbors come running over just in time to see it go down. lol, that was so dam embarassing, i felt like such a jerk.

2nd, i go out for a ride one day and come home. our neighbors at our old place had bikes, and so i get home and they are all outside. i slow down to ride the bike up onto the curb, but i slow down and end up getting stuck and can't get the bike up over a freakin curb!! to make it worse i have my helmet on and visor down, i'm burning up from embarassment and to afraid to use one hand to lift the visor and all the while i'm reving the shit outta the bike and trying to get the bike up. finally the neighbor comes over and asks if i need help, to embarassed to say yes, i tell him no that ihave to figure it out sooner or later. finally get the bike up, after that i stopped trying to get up the curb going head on and instead went at a slant.

3. After replacing the battery in the FZR and getting her up and running. i decide that i want to go out for a ride or i think i was going to my sisters to help move or something. anyways, so i go out to the bike, turn the key and try and start it. nothing. that's odd. try again, nothing. hmmm the red button thing is set to run, oh! the kickstand! so i get on the bike, put up the kickstand, start.. nothing. well fuckin A! start cursing and fuming and try again and again, nothing. So i call Alan (this is right around when we first started dating) and was raging on about how i just got the bike running finally and now after new batteries and a fuse it doesn't do shit! so, he comes all the way over to my house (he was in aurora i was in thornton) puts the key in, turns it on, then he does this clever little thing with his foot and the gear shifter thing and VOILA, it starts!! THE DAMN THING WASN'T IN NUETRAL!!!!!! i'm an idiot.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis
    My bike was not built for fat people. It carries me around just fine
    Does this Honda make my ass look big?
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Got caught waving back to a pack of scooter riders!

Nothing says embarrassment like riding a Honda!

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Watson
    Except riding the Honda because your Harley sucks worse
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Watson
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

"What is your most embarrassing motorcycle story"

....the last time I was seen riding with Scruff dog..... J/K!

Probably the time I was going through the park
    (local hangout) on the gas one night on Friday the 13th (no shit) when my buddy jumps out from behind a tree in front of me and tries to wave me down. There was always sand all over there from the dirtbikes and I hit a patch of it trying to slow down and talk to him, and the front washed out. Threw me down, pinned me under it, and we slid for what seemed like forever in a shower of sparks....right in front of everyone.

Got a better story about someone else. The guy in the above-story was always known for doing stoopid shit while riding. Anyways, he's going thru the same park on sunny day. Showing off, doing a wheelie. Notices he's drifting over towards the parked cars. Drops the font down and tries to turn/stop and slams into the back of a parked car. This pudgy friend of mine weighs about 300lbs mind you. H does a complete flip over the car, and lands unhurt on his feet in front of them. 4 very-stoned, very-SURPRISED dudes come stumbling out in a cloud of smoke like Fast Times going "dooood are you alright?!?!". Unfortunately, I didn't actually get to see that one, but heard ALL about it. It was legendary!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

After riding thru South Park as fast as we could go, my buddy on a Norton 850 Commando pulls up the the stop at 285 and forgot to put his feet down.
    I almost ran over him cause I was laughing so hard! He said his legs had gon to sleep. I think he just forgot to put them down!

Another time I was at a bar and this guy was showing off and reving the stuffing out of his Kwaker. He was reving the engine and dumped the clutch. The bike launched itself without him in to the middle of the street. He had forgotten to sit down! The bike made it all the way across the road without hitting anything. Gawd that was funny!
    Last edited by Mac020; Fri Nov 24th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Board Newbie

Most embarrassing, aside from owning a suzuki, I dropped it a few times but the most embarrassing time was dropping it in the hooters parking lot. I hope by now I have gotten that out of my system.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Mel's shoelace incident just reminded me of one of my bonehead moves

bonehead move #1: So, I'm finishing up a ride with a couple of friends and find a parking lot to make a call to my kids. I'm in Boulder and find the Target parking lot. I find a nice empty area to park and take the helmet off, put the kickstand down and begin to swing my leg over the bike, but it abruptly stops at the grab rail and before I know it, my ass has hit the pavement. I'm laughing my ass off sitting on the ground looking up at my bike and realizing that my pants got caught up on the grab rail. I'm thinking, yeah, so I guess being tall still has its disadvantages.

bonehead move #2: I was having some riding withdrawls, so I get leviathin to go on a ride with me the day of the Halloween party. We meet up at the Conoco on hwy34 to go up the canyon. He's already there and parked behind the station where all the flies are swarming. So, after I finally make up my mind which way I wanna go, we get ready to take off. He starts his bike and puts his i-pod on and helmet. I get on my Zed after doning the gear and start her up and begin to back-pedal out of the lot. Now, let me set this up. I've back pedalled out of my garage ever since I've had a bike in it. I hop up on my bike and coast out, because of a slight slant in the drive and slowly turn the bike, so it's parallel with the street and then park it. So, I've done the back-pedalling for a while now. But, on this particular occasion, I'm going backwards and realizing that there's cars coming and going out of the station, I decide to turn my head whilst going backwards...my bike leans with me just a tad and then I decide to start turning while going backwards and before I know it, I've got this massively heavy hunk of metal pushing against my left leg as it and I start going down...crash! I'm on the ground dumbfounded and Ken's going..."what the hell happeded to you...one minute your in my mirror, the next you're on the ground!" Talk about freakin' embarrassing. Luckily for me, the crash didn't hurt anything on the bike that hadn't already been covered by insurance.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Aaron, Jake & I do Peak to Peak and stop in Allens Park for brunch. There really isn't any parking around there
    just find a spot off the highway & put crushed pop can
    or something under your kickstand. We have a great time.
    My Vmax is parked nose slightly uphill spanning
    a small ditch. We all mount up, I back down the hill
    to let Jake get by. Now I notice that my front tire is on
    one side of the ditch, while the rear is on the other.
    Now I'm on my tippy toes with no traction, can't go
    forward, can't go backwards. Can't seem to get
    the bike started or my feet on the controls. The place
    is crowded, with patio seating. So now eveyone,
    including my riding mates are laughing, while I do an "Austin Powers" in the narrow hallway manuaver.
    1/2 inch forward, 1/2 backwards until I manage after 20-30 attempts to get the beast pointed so I can get out.
    Well at least I didn't fall down.

Next was crashing in the exacty same spot twice.
    2 months apart.
    House turn @ Second Creek, CCW, there is a small
    off camber spot I now call the "Dimple of death"
    dja
    MRA #918, now it's 821!

Click here for top notch suspension work-> http://www.fixmybike.com

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

When I was 15 and took (snuck) my boyfriend's Suzuki street bike for a quick ride with a girlfriend on the back. We were stopped at a left turn light at a major intersection with a police car facing us (at 15 I looked like I was 12). After I made the turn, the cops followed us and flipped on the lights. My friend was screaming, "Out run 'em, out run 'em!" My attempt failed as I was just learning to ride and my skills were lacking... they were on my ass in 5 seconds flat. I pulled over. No license. But rather than giving me a ticket, they followed me to my boyfriend's house and wrote him a ticket for letting an unlicensed driver ride his bike. He was pissed, but we still dated for another 4 years!
    Susan

I'm in Nicaragua and need to run to the "supermercado", I put my helmet on and all of a sudden my girlfriend who is Nicaraguan, says she wants to come. She jumps on the back of my bike without her helmet. As we are riding a policeman starts yelling at me in Spanish. He is saying I was a terrible boyfriend and selfish for keeping the helmet for myself when I should do the chivalrous thing and give it to my "girlfriend". As I remove my helmet he realizes he has just made a huge mistake as we are both girls. the look on his face was incredible. FYI Nicaragua has a helmet law but get this, it is only required for the driver NOT the passenger. Go figure!!

Hmm, Lets see, in high school riding a CB450 trying to show off. Ended up getting beat on a straight a way by a 76 Mustang II.
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

A girl, a bike and an airplane hanger…
    I think I’ll leave the rest to your imaginations.

And no it didn’t work very well.

MRA Racer No.427

We're cruising down speer near colfax headed home and i popped the clutch on my SV a little fast. Front end comes up about a foot, i set it back down and my headlight falls off. Had to ride home with it dangling from the wires.
    RIP Sgt. Travis D. Pfister. 79-07 I miss you brother.

Again back in the 70's, I was riding my RD350 into Boulder up highway 93. It was a beautiful cold, rainy, snowy day and freezing out. What I did not realize was that my jeans (yes that was ATGATT in the day) were frozen solid and coated with about 1 inch of ice. When I hit the first light in Boulder I was unable to remove my foot from the pegs and pulled a laugh in, Just stopped and tipped over. DOH!

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/