Thread: Another Fay Myers Story

Another Fay Myers Story

I thought that I would share this story with you. Yesterday, I went into Fay Myers to buy an axle-removal-tool from the parts department. I spoke with a gentlemen named Joe, who offered me great service and great advice. Everyone in the showroom seemed friendly and courteous. Overall, I thought that they were great, and I wondered why so many people have had a poor experience with them.

I took the tool home, and it broke almost immediately. Shreds of metal flew around my garage like a metal hail-storm. I packaged up what was left of the tool and took it back to Fay Myers. Joe, the gentleman who helped me with the tool, immediately came up to me and wanted to know if there was anything wrong. I told him what had happened, and he quickly apologized and offered a new tool. Unfortunately, his parts manager overheard the conversation, and told me that they would not be able to replace the tool because their "tool-rep" was not there to approve the exchange.

After I heard this, I asked him if he should more concerned with getting his money back from his supplier, or that I was almost injured with a defective tool. He then told me that I was at fault because I probably did not loosen the pinch bolt. I told him that I did loosen the pinch bolt, and he replied with, "How do I know that?" Obviously, the parts manager at Fay Myers did not care about my safety, and they accused my of being a liar. In the end, I had the parts manager call his supplier. Once the supplier heard the story, they quickly replaced the part.

It's a shame that Fay Myers has such a bad reputation, but after I experienced their poor service, I understand why.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Another Fay Myers Story

Gay Myers
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I still wonder why thier a CSC sponsor with all these problems?
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Welcome to the club. Atleast you didn't have them service your bike. I got so fed up with them that after having them service my bike and messing it up I did it again myself. Yeah that's what a 1000.00 service well get you at Fays
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    Welcome to the club. Atleast you didn't have them service your bike. I got so fed up with them that after having them service my bike and messing it up I did it again myself. Yeah that's what a 1000.00 service well get you at Fays
    You could've saved yourself $1000 by doing it yourself in the first place. If I'd shelled out $1k and it wasn't EXACTLY perfect I'd be banging on their door to get it put right!
    I'm the English guy - you can call me Basil (Baazul not Bayzil - that's a herb)

I think Ralph Schomp bought Fay Mayers. I could be mixed up though. Either way they both suck! IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac020
    I think Ralph Schomp bought Fay Mayers. I could be mixed up though. Either way they both suck! IMHO.
    NEVER had a problem with Ralph Schomp. In fact, it was and remains the most enjoyable car purchasing experiance I have ever had. to Ralph Schomp. No comment on Fey.

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol a095
    I thought that I would share this story with you. Yesterday, I went into Fay Myers to buy an axle-removal-tool from the parts department. I spoke with a gentlemen named Joe, who offered me great service and great advice. Everyone in the showroom seemed friendly and courteous. Overall, I thought that they were great, and I wondered why so many people have had a poor experience with them.

I took the tool home, and it broke almost immediately. Shreds of metal flew around my garage like a metal hail-storm. I packaged up what was left of the tool and took it back to Fay Myers. Joe, the gentleman who helped me with the tool, immediately came up to me and wanted to know if there was anything wrong. I told him what had happened, and he quickly apologized and offered a new tool. Unfortunately, his parts manager overheard the conversation, and told me that they would not be able to replace the tool because their "tool-rep" was not there to approve the exchange.

After I heard this, I asked him if he should more concerned with getting his money back from his supplier, or that I was almost injured with a defective tool. He then told me that I was at fault because I probably did not loosen the pinch bolt. I told him that I did loosen the pinch bolt, and he replied with, "How do I know that?" Obviously, the parts manager at Fay Myers did not care about my safety, and they accused my of being a liar. In the end, I had the parts manager call his supplier. Once the supplier heard the story, they quickly replaced the part.

It's a shame that Fay Myers has such a bad reputation, but after I experienced their poor service, I understand why.
    Was it the Motion Pro tool?

If so it is a problem with the tool as the Aluminium they use is crap and 90% of them brake

just an FYI
    It is what it is

did you get the parts managers name??

I go there and I havent had a problem with them but I only deal with a couple of sales people I have a guy that in parts and I have a guy in bike sales.

I know what your sayin about the people most of the parts people that are there dont know much about sportbike stuff.

gentlemen...i live in conservative ranch....i found aurora honda. and if i need anything that i cannot do myself on my 09 liter cbr rr that is where i will go.....granted is a bit of commute but it is worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Was it the Motion Pro tool?

If so it is a problem with the tool as the Aluminium they use is crap and 90% of them brake

just an FYI
    Yeah found that out. sucks cause its kinda a expensive tool.

Zombie Thread yet again.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Holy 3 year old thread!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

AKA "Devaclis"

Jesus, someone kill it!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Zombie Thread yet again.
    Damn and I was going to comment on it too. But not now. If the op hasn't gotten the axle out in three years he's screwed.

But I never miss a chance to rag on Fey Meyers. I avoided their service department when something did go wrong and I went to them to have it fixed under my warrenty it didn't cover it. So that saved time and trouble right there. Took it to a real MC shop.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Closed,

It seems the original shop experience (2006) has likely been resolved. If you have another comment (specific) to make regarding a shop please include details like Repsol a095 did in his post. A specific incident and how it was resolved or not.

Thank you