I thought that I would share this story with you. Yesterday, I went into Fay Myers to buy an axle-removal-tool from the parts department. I spoke with a gentlemen named Joe, who offered me great service and great advice. Everyone in the showroom seemed friendly and courteous. Overall, I thought that they were great, and I wondered why so many people have had a poor experience with them.

I took the tool home, and it broke almost immediately. Shreds of metal flew around my garage like a metal hail-storm. I packaged up what was left of the tool and took it back to Fay Myers. Joe, the gentleman who helped me with the tool, immediately came up to me and wanted to know if there was anything wrong. I told him what had happened, and he quickly apologized and offered a new tool. Unfortunately, his parts manager overheard the conversation, and told me that they would not be able to replace the tool because their "tool-rep" was not there to approve the exchange.

After I heard this, I asked him if he should more concerned with getting his money back from his supplier, or that I was almost injured with a defective tool. He then told me that I was at fault because I probably did not loosen the pinch bolt. I told him that I did loosen the pinch bolt, and he replied with, "How do I know that?" Obviously, the parts manager at Fay Myers did not care about my safety, and they accused my of being a liar. In the end, I had the parts manager call his supplier. Once the supplier heard the story, they quickly replaced the part.

It's a shame that Fay Myers has such a bad reputation, but after I experienced their poor service, I understand why.