Quote Originally Posted by Harry Biker
Very Cool Hanna. Now will you be surfing with the day crew or the night crew? I'll assume,(I know I shouldn't) that you'll be rolling with the Friday afternoon crew.
<snip>
Also, who all's staying @ Amerisuites?
I will be rolling with the Friday crew, as assumed. However, based on last year's experience, I'd like to throw this in for discussion by that crew :

Instead of leaving Fri luncthime, riding to GJ & staying there for the night, then having a huge day (700 miles? ) Sat to get to Vegas, consider:

Leave around 0800 Fri morning, lunch in GJ, then on to Blanding for the night. 500 miles, arrive NLT 5pm.
Leave 0800 Sat morning, go through Natural Bridges Nat'l Monument to Torrey, over Escalante, through Zion and on to Vegas. 500 miles, arrive NLT 5pm.

Sound good? We did this route last year and it worked very well. It also gives margin should anything (fingers crossed) go wrong, and allows newer riders to get used to long-distance (ahem, I know it's not a SS1K or 50cc) riding gradually. Oh and it makes the whole thing a little less of an ordeal for those long-distance touring machines, the Gixxers

Just a suggestion... I'm not attached to the above, but thought you may want to mull it over..