Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3rd annual CSC Vegas trip!!!

Board Newbie
    Has everyone who is going booked a room yet? I'd like to go but I'm trying to find someone else who might need a room, since most rooms in Vegas are double occupancy. Is there anybody else who is going, but has not got a room yet? Let me know.

B,

I'm going and need a room.....wanna share ? Are you going for sure ?

Friday daytime crew; I've booked Amerisuites in Vegas for Sat & Sun nights, but nothing for Fri night. Have we made a decision where we're stopping? Grand Junction/Blanding/Torrey?

IMHO, GJ is way too early; stopping in Blanding makes for a shorter first day, but is dry, but has the advantage of riding through Edge of the Cedars SP & Natural Bridges NM with the sun behind us on Sat morning - it is just stunning. It'd be beautiful in the sunset too, but we'd be riding into the sun Torrey is the furthest. Just mulling options.

FYI, the route I was suggesting goes something like this:

I-70 to GJ: 245 miles
    S on US50 to Whitewater: 7 miles
    S on Rte141 through Naturita to Dove Creek: 158 miles
    E on US666 to Monticello: 25 miles
    S on US191 to Blanding: 25 miles
    ---possible overnight stop here (Day 1 total 460 miles)
    W on Rte 95 to Hanksville: 151 miles
    W on Rte 24 to Torrey: 51 miles
    ---or possible overnight stop here (Day 1 total 662 miles)
    S on Rte 12 through Escalante NM & Bryce Canyon NP to US89: 124 miles
    S on US 89 to Mt Carmel Jct.: 55miles
    W on Rte 9 through Zion NP to I15 (St George): 57 miles
    I15 to Las Vegas:132 miles (Day 2 total: 570 miles or 368 miles, depending on where we stop for the night)

OK, now I've blown my cover completely and shown I am an uber-geek....<sigh>
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Hanna,

Torrey is fine with me, on Friday night I will share with whoever wants to split a room.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Board Newbie
    Hey Kip,

If I book a room I'm going for sure. Let me check around. I'll tell you what I find.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    S on Rte141 through Naturita
    Oh yeah!!! 141 is one of my favorite all time roads!!!! Makes me wanna go just for that road!!!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Hey Kip,

If I book a room I'm going for sure. Let me check around. I'll tell you what I find.
    Hey B, a bunch of us are staying at Amerisuites. You can book online, it works out around $80/night.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-

Hanna, how many rooms did you reserve at AmeriSuites ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Hanna, how many rooms did you reserve at AmeriSuites ?
    Just the one, and it looks like it's full now

-

Board Newbie
    Thanks Hanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    S on Rte141 through Naturita
    Oh yeah!!! 141 is one of my favorite all time roads!!!! Makes me wanna go just for that road!!!
    Yup, it's a stunner The route through Edge of the Cedars, Natural Bridges and Escalante is even better tho

-

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Thanks Hanna.
    Most welcome

-

would like to join the LV trip...

Hey guys, I've been reading up on the Vegas trip and I am very interested in joining the trek. Anyone need another roommate for the hotel 1st night stop as well as in Vegas? Can anyone give me an est. on cost excluding gas/gambling/non-essentials?
    I live in Aspen, and would be joining the trip from there. I could meet the gang in Glenwood Springs, or if someone has a better suggestion? Anyway, looking forward to the trip...I don't know anyone from the group and looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    "Getting old is manditory...
    growing up is optional."

Shorty, you're welcome to hook up w/ the "night crew" and thereby saving yourself more $$ for "Olympic Gardens" ,(as we are riding straight through-can you do 600-675 miles in 1 day?) We're also staying @ Amerisuites, but I think the room's full. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to find a room/mate. Think about it-

We should be hitting Junction by 5am,(I'll assume Glenwood @ 4am?)

Does the Torrey crew want to meet up and finish the ride together? I'd assume we'd be blowing past Torrey @ 9AM,(or is that too early for ya? :P)
    Either way we should all have a meeting spot to grab dinner together in Vegas.

Ralph, Do you have a room yet??

Vegas...

Thanks for the info...I think I would rather take the scenic route through Utah, well worth the time and money from what I've heard. Anyone going that route need a roomate for night before Vegas and in Vegas as well, I promise I don't snore! What time is the scenic group plan on rolling past Glenwood, I would like to hook-up with you there?

P.S. I am starting a new topic to see what interest there is in a late spring riding weekend in the Aspen area, check it out.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    "Getting old is manditory...
    growing up is optional."

I believe after Hanna and I have talked, we are not stopping in Torrey. Where are we stopping Hannah???? <had few drinks that night>

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

Greg,
    I guess I'll take your response as a complement??seein as how it was my route. :P
    Have a nice trip, if you enjoy the route I'll let you buy me a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coston
    I believe after Hanna and I have talked, we are not stopping in Torrey. Where are we stopping Hannah???? <had few drinks that night>

Chris
    We did the route I posted a few posts back last year and setting off from Denver at 0800 , with a very leisurely lunch stop, got us to Blanding around 1800-ish. Although all of us said "Yeah, I could ride further if we had to", we were definately feeling the day's riding.

My thoughts on this are that the last 200 miles from Blanding to Torrey are on quite a twisty road through canyons and the like, with a probability of deer encounters. Were we to do this in the evening, we'd be tired and riding into the sun - maybe not the best idea. So my thinking is to end the day a little earlier and stay in Blanding for the night (BYObeer if you want it) and ride on to Torrey the next morning - we could still make it to meet up with the night crew there if we wanted to.

Just another $0.02 for everyone to mull over

-

Re: Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Thanks for the info...I think I would rather take the scenic route through Utah, well worth the time and money from what I've heard. Anyone going that route need a roomate for night before Vegas and in Vegas as well, I promise I don't snore! What time is the scenic group plan on rolling past Glenwood, I would like to hook-up with you there?
    Greg the Friday morning crew will probably hit Glenwood around 11-ish (correct me if I'm wrong here people). Will that work?

-

BLANDING!! I knew it was a name that sounded bland. Works for me.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

are there enough gas stations through out the route down there? as in gassing bike about every 120 miles will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by lama
    are there enough gas stations through out the route down there? as in gassing bike about every 120 miles will that work?
    There are some stretches that are >120 miles without a gas station, but not many and never more than 150 miles. Last year we had a bike in the group that only had a 100 mile range; one of us carried a jerry can of fuel for that bike. We could do that, or change the route....

Friday morning crew, can we have a roll call of range at a steady 80mph? Mine's 160 miles.

-

Board Newbie
    It's been a while since I've checked my mileage range from a full tank. As soon the roads are clear, I would be able to tell you. Wasn't there a post about a traingle route that works great for checking your gas mileage? Have we set times yet for when will be leaving, and arriving at each destination?

if I dont end up going to MOAB on a mountain biking trip id really like to go to Vegas to see if I can win some money hehe So is there anyone else here that still hasnt resolved Logistic issues?