Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3rd annual CSC Vegas trip!!!

Hanna and I have talked, and we would be more than happy to adjust the route to accomodate people that need more frequent gas stops. Instead of heading to Blanding first night, we would turn off of 70 on to 24 and spend the night in Torrey. On the original route, between Blanding and Hanksville, Utah <Hwy 95> there is literally no gas stations and that run is about 155 miles.
    So, what needs to happen is the consensus of who is going and what range they can run with their machines. Again, if your machine cant make that distance, then let us know.....it is ok.
    We have conjured up the idea of just taking a trip this summer that expands that route and come back to Denver. Apparently the views are spectacular, however our goal here is to reach Vegas in a timely manner and have fun.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

I shouldnt have done the lowered gearing sux for coasting but fun in twisties.

I think im dead by 140-145 with conservative riding I think I'm just gonna have to test it out one of these days just to know for a fact

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Have we set times yet for when will be leaving, and arriving at each destination?
    I believe the Friday am crew will leave Denver at 0800 (suggest meeting in the dinosaur parking lots off I70 near Morrison), arrive Torrey late afternoon Friday, then hook up with the night crew in Torrey at 0900 Saturday and ride on to Vegas together...
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Quote Originally Posted by surfinspacegirl
    I believe the Friday am crew will leave Denver at 0800 (suggest meeting in the dinosaur parking lots off I70 near Morrison), arrive Torrey late afternoon Friday, then hook up with the night crew in Torrey at 0900 Saturday and ride on to Vegas together...
    I would suggest an alternate meeting point - the Conoco gas station in Morrison, just off C-470. We tried the dinosaur lots 2 years ago and there was some confusion - we had people waiting in each of the 3 lots! Nobody was missed, but it was confusing none the less.

The Conoco in Morrison is only 5 minutes from I-70, plus it give people a chance to gas-up right before leaving, grab a cup of coffee or a snack, etc.

When I first mentioned going through to Torrey, I was thinking about departing mid-day (so I would only have to take a 1/2 day off work ). As it stands now, I probably won't be going, so it's not up to me - just giving my $0.02.

Re: Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by surfinspacegirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Thanks for the info...I think I would rather take the scenic route through Utah, well worth the time and money from what I've heard. Anyone going that route need a roomate for night before Vegas and in Vegas as well, I promise I don't snore! What time is the scenic group plan on rolling past Glenwood, I would like to hook-up with you there?
    Greg the Friday morning crew will probably hit Glenwood around 11-ish (correct me if I'm wrong here people). Will that work?
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but that sounds great to meet up in Glennwood Springs around 11am. There is a gas station on the right just after you exit I-70, we can meet there. As far as hotel, does anyone have an empty space in a bed, of course I am willing to pay for my half or 1/3 or whatever. By the way where do we plan on spending the night that first leg?
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    "Getting old is manditory...
    growing up is optional."

Vegas room space?

I am still looking for a place to crash when in Vegas, anyone have space?
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

I do believe for the Friday Crew, we are now stopping in Torrey, the first night. After some discussion, this is the best way for the machines with limited range. However, I am bringing my own booze......I suggest whoever does the same, being a dry spot. And, no I wont share.......

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

Hey Friday crew, there's 3 places I can find to stay in Torrey:

http://www.travelnow.com/index.jsp?p...arch&cid=56554

My vote goes with a cheap room at the Best Western Capitol Reef Resort. They have a hot tub and an outdoor pool - and they're a mile away from the park. Whatcha think?

Also, since we're not doing the superlong twistie route, we could leave later (10, 12 or even 1) and still arrive in Torrey at a decent hour - or we can still set off early and have some time at the other end to see the park. Your thoughts?
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-

Hmm, thoughts. Sounds great to me!!!

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

My vote is to leave at a decent time Friday and leave some time for riding through the park in Ut. I was looking at the Best Western near Torrey Capitol Reef Park, I got a rate of $49 per night for 2 queens, I will book it if someone wants to share? I have booked a room at the Days Inn Vegas, if anyone wants to crash I can share no problem. What day is the majority of the people crusing on home, Sunday or Monday?
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

OK, I've got a room at the BW Capitol Reef resort for Fri night. I vote leaving Denver around 10 which would give us time to ride around the park in the early evening.

I think the plan is to stay in Vegas Sun night and cruise home Monday.

-

Whatever time you think the Friday crew is going to roll past Glennwood Springs let me know and we can meet up there and continue on to Torreys, UT...I vote for noon-ish so we can get some daylight riding in Capitol Reef SP. I went ahead and got a room at the Days Inn for Saturday and Sunday for departure Monday, roomates welcome.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

Board Newbie
    Actually I'm not going to make this trip, I'm heading to europe this summer and I need to save all the money I can get.

Going to Vegas on the 24th of April for NetWorld Interop

I'm riding to Vegas with one other CSC member on the 24th of April. We are going to make it a two day trip there. Then we are going to be there all week. Anyone interested in riding with us?? Contact my email if you are.

ttakala@kroneamericas.com

Hey Motobabe,
    Are ya'll still planning on meeting the Graveyard shift in Torrey early AM on the 24th? If so, where are you staying? Do you have a cell # you'd be willing to give out so we can ringy dingy you & wake yer arses up?,(no. I'm not being sneaky to get your #...I'm too fat I mean fast for you...you could give it to the Disco Machine, the "hazmat rider" or the 1 and only person to EVER attempt a coast to coast in 50 hours on a Super Hawk ) Who's buying breakfast?

Who all's traveling? Any insects going? Any urban cowboys from Cheyenne going,(they serve lots of beer ya know )

6 weeks!!
    5 weeks, 6 days for you day workers

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Biker
    Who all's traveling? Any insects going? Any urban cowboys from Cheyenne going,(they serve lots of beer ya know )
    It doesn't look like I'll be going this year - I've got immigration issues that I'm dealing with right now that have a tight deadline of June 2nd (I may have to plan my vacation around that date, and if I do, there won't by any extra time for a little jaunt to NV - I probably won't find out until the last minute either ).

Paul is planning on going, but he's planning out his own route, and may or may not pass through Torrey. You're going to have to get with him to get the latest. PM me if you need his #.

Hey Motobabe,
    Are ya'll still planning on meeting the Graveyard shift in Torrey early AM on the 24th? If so, where are you staying?
    Yes we are. We're staying at the Best Western Capital Reef Resort.
    Do you have a cell # you'd be willing to give out so we can ringy dingy you & wake yer arses up?,(no. I'm not being sneaky to get your #...I'm too fat I mean fast for you...you could give it to the Disco Machine, the "hazmat rider" or the 1 and only person to EVER attempt a coast to coast in 50 hours on a Super Hawk )
    Careful, I just did the PPIR track school, I'm a lot faster now

Cell is 720 217 5568, but shush, don't tell anyone
    Who's buying breakfast?
    Nice of you to volunteer, Harry!

Roll call for us friday crew so far is Coston, Kipper, B, Alicia if she's not flying, Greg and

-

Spidey,
    Are you @ risk of being sent back to the frozen tundra??
    How's thr R1?

Spidey,
    Are you @ risk of being sent back to the frozen tundra??
    How's thr R1?
    Nah, it's just a timing issue - my current visa expires on June 2nd. I'm trying to get a different type of visa, but probably won't know until the last minute, so I'll probably be heading back to the great white north the end of May. I know it's 1 week after Vegas, but there's too much going on with the work visa for me to plan anything around that time.

The R1's fine, a little scratched up after a high-side at PPIR, but still rideable (TGF Frame Sliders!)

Friday Crew, can't wait to ride with everyone from Glenwood Springs and on...should be a blast. We still arranging to meet around 11 just off I-70? I've been putting the miles on my machine, the weather has been great. I got really lucky last weekend, a written warning for 21 over in a 30 mph zone...oops! The cop just scratched down a warning then asked me about road conditions and where I had been riding. He said he has a 'busa he's been waiting to get out, then he told me to "keep it to a low roar" and walked away. Anyway, if anyone ever wants to get away let me know and I can arrange for rooms really cheap. Looking forward to Vegas.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Where can you arrange rooms for really cheap, Aspen?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I heard directly from one of Glenwood's finest that they have numerous officers w/ sportbikes and he said they're usually pretty cool w/ riders enjoying their fine canyon!

A couple years back, I was solo coming back in from Vegas on the mighty XX and pulled in @ the West Glenwood exit/Conoco for a quick break when a cop pulled in right behind me. I was sure I was gonna get hassled by "the man" as I had been a tad over the limit.
    He just came to look over the scoot and brag about his new GSXR 600.

I work at the Silvertree Hotel in Snowmass Village...in the heart of good ride country, most any time I can get rooms for under $50. Call or email me if you need an excuse to get away.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Nice, I'll make sure to get ahold of you when in need! How far is that from 133?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother