Thread: Blackbird dyno tune results

Blackbird dyno tune results

Had my dyno tuning done today, 13 pulls. End result is 130.5 hp with 78 tq. This is not corrected for altitude - the dyno work was done at a density altitude of 5500-6000'. Baseline was 125/76 with stock setup, and was uncorrected as well. At 2% per thousand feet, this equates to 145 hp. DynoJet dyno was used. I was told of all the BBs they had tuned, mine was the strongest. (Maybe they tell everyone that?) The area under the curve is where the biggest gains are - hp falloff approaching rev limit is reduced a notoceable amount, as is area under the curve above 9000 rpm.

I was hoping to get 10-15 hp over stock, since I'd read of others seeing those gains, but I'm happy with the way the bike feels - substantially smoother and stronger than stock. I'd be happy to post the map if anyone needs one for altitude.

I had uploaded the 2 Bros full exhaust PCIII map when I installed it, and it turns out it was running lean with that map.

My mods - full Akro Sport, PAIR block-off, PCIII and K & N.

Jeff
    Jeff in Littleton
    '02 Blackbird
    '98 Sports racer

Re: Blackbird dyno tune results

nothing like a little tinkering to have a little fun. congrats on your work on the bb.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

my bone stock Z1000 had 124.5 at the wheel.

Honda Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing
    my bone stock Z1000 had 124.5 at the wheel.

Honda Sucks
    Interestingly, the BB had 125 at the wheel in stock form, not to one up you. I was hoping for a bigger gain from the exhaust/PC, but the 5 hp plus 22 lb. weight loss is worth the money..

The Z1000 is a nice bike, no doubt....
    Jeff in Littleton
    '02 Blackbird
    '98 Sports racer