Thread: Forum Banner Advertisements

Forum Banner Advertisements

As I'm sure you've seen if you are reading this, we have introduced a banner advertisement system on the forum. This post should answer some questions for our forum members and potential advertisers as to the purpose of this, and what it means.

First off, I want to make sure everyone understands we are not turning this into an ad-ridden site. There will not be any more banners than the one at the top of every forum page, which will display set-size images like you might see on other forums. We will never have popups. Any banner you see above will have to pass approval first, and meet our guidelines for design and content.

The banner advertisements have been introduced out of a need to meet the operating costs of this site and hence the club. We do not charge members any fees, nor do we intend to. Money people donate goes to charity. We want to keep it this way, however nobility does not pay for the T1 either.

The ad spots at the top are going to be limited in numbers. We will not sell them to any company that does not meet our approval - this means that companies who receive habitual negative feedback in the 'Shop Experiences' forum will not be allowed to advertise here. If there is a banner at the top of this page, it implies that we suggest you can buy from them without issues. We understand the responsibility this represents, and intend to live up to our reputation for providing valuable information to sportbike riders across Colorado, the country, and the world. (Yes - we receive hundreds of web hits every month from visitors outside of the U.S.!)

I encourage feedback on this new system, and want everyone to realize that it's a necessary evil of operating a free-to-use expanding website such as this one. We have tried to make these ads as unobtrusive yet effective as possible. I encourage you to consider these advertisers, along with our normal site sponsors, first when making your next purchase!

If you are a company interested in purchasing space for your banner, you may contact myself or Spiderman directly for more information. These spaces are not limited to bike-related sites, however we do prefer to keep it local to our members (i.e. Colorado-based) in that case.

Thanks, and keep the shiny side up!

Hey Ralphy,
    How much do you charge for the advertising? I have a thought that I may want to try, but it might be cost prohibitive for me to do it.

Anyway, let me know either with PM or right here...

P.S. We still need to get a beer and hold one high for our fallen Softball Buddy...
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

your own ad logo banner thing is broken dude.

Junior Member Hey y'all, watch this!'s Avatar
    Can we place "personl" ads up there?