Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welding Service

Welding Service

I have decided to offer my welding skillz to club members. I am posting in the Southern CO forum because most of the work will have to be done at my house in Colorado Springs and I don't see a forum about providing services. Depending on the type of work, I may be able to come to you.

Since I still have my full time job, the jobs will have to be limited to repairs and small fabrication. I am free on weekends, or we can make arrangments for weeknights.

My fees depend on the type of work, but they are much less than a welding shop.

Thumbs up Re: Welding Service

I had services rendered by him and he hooked me up by welding a piece that was once broken on my frame and now fixed thanks to his mad skillz. Thanx again Dallas!!

Re: Welding Service

Good to know, I don't need anything welded as of yet but if I do I know where to go. Glad you are getting some use out of your welder.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

I figured it would help everyone out. Club members don't have to get bent over by going to a welding shop. About 5 or 6 years ago, I went to a welding shop to have my foot peg mount welded back to my dirtbike frame. It took the guy less than 15 min. including setup and he charged me $65!!!!

I have the equipment and the knowledge to use it, so why not give club members a break?

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Dallas,
    Can you do Aluminium or just steel?
    Late Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Yes, I did Aluminum for Joel ($poiled Cookie), and I can do steel and all the exotic metals like Titanium and such.

Good,
    I have some work for you then.
    Call me @ 266-8630.
    Late Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

I might have a job for you too, give me a buzz at 720-257-2841
    Bassil Duwaik
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Lightbulb Re: Welding Service

Quote Originally Posted by dallas
    $poiled Cookie
    I'll let the first one slide....wait, ok, the second one. The first one was my bike.

I'll def keep that in mind. I still feel like i owe you some cash for the boots. lol

06 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR
    I'll def keep that in mind. I still feel like i owe you some cash for the boots. lol
    No worries man. I got them as a package deal and they didn't fit me. No reason to have them collect dust at my house!!

Thanks Dallas for your time and skillz.
    Much better and inexpensive than a shop.
    You the Man!
    Late Bash

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

oooh.. Titanium, that could be entertaining. You'd need some pretty damn pure argon or something to keep that stuff from turning into fireworks.

Really, if you are good at welding Titanium and are willing to work on, uh, non-bike-stuff, I could probably come up with a little job.. like building a gate out of 3/4" rod or something.. whad'ya think?

~tommy
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

I don't mind at all if it will fit in my garage.

Do you want a steel gate or a titanium gate?

I can do steel and aluminum pretty cheap, but doing titanium would be more expensive due to the cost of filler rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed
    Thanks Dallas for your time and skillz.
    Much better and inexpensive than a shop.
    You the Man!
    Late Bash
    You are very welcome Man!!!

I don't know if you guys will be open this Friday, but probably next Friday, I can swing by the shop and check out tail sections we were talking about.

You are very welcome Man!!!

I don't know if you guys will be open this Friday, but probably next Friday, I can swing by the shop and check out tail sections we were talking about.
    hey dallas... i need a exhaust welded up, right now the canister and mid-pipe are clamped, but id really like to have them welded... nothing exotic, just stainless...

let me know if you can do it, when, where etc...

loyalhusband@gmail.com

oooh oooh ooh and a tip to a shift lever i broke off this morning!!!! Lol...
    Last edited by godspeed409; Mon Nov 20th, 2006 at 02:39 PM.
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird -Sold
    2005 Suzuki SV650S

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

Steel is easy, I could probably even do it (wouldn't be pretty tho). The trouble with steel is, it rusts. I am not sure whether it would be worth it, but we have a bunch of surgical quality titanium rods ranging from proably 1/2 to 1"+ about 12' long that could be used to build something. Gates (stock gates) seemed like a good application cause they would be light and strong. I will find out if my dad is interested (its his titanium). At this point we only have ever used it thru the loops on one of those huge tarps (billboard signs) to tie it down over bales. We would probably purchase the rod/gas and supply that too. Its the skill that we are lacking.. oh that and equipment. the old 220v arc welder doesn't seem to fit the recommended equipment.

I don't mind at all if it will fit in my garage.

Do you want a steel gate or a titanium gate?

I can do steel and aluminum pretty cheap, but doing titanium would be more expensive due to the cost of filler rod.
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

bumpity..... just had my M/C trailer worked on by Dallas.. stellar job, no lost digits or other appendages, despite him letting me use his chop saw.

06 DR650SE

Hey Dallas can you cut and extend crash bars on a vstar? the factory crash bars dont come out very far (not even past the foot pegs) was wondering if there was anyway to cut the ends and extend them to come out further kind of like the harley crash bars do? Let me know and I can send you pictures.

It shouldn't be a problem. Are the bars stainless, or just plated steel? You can bring it by either tomorrow or Friday after 4:30. I will be out of town this weekend, but I will be free after work all next week also.

They are stainless...I mean worse case scenario I can have BFJ polish them afterwards, I a more concerned about getting bars extended that are actually functional...(ie can have the bike weight put on them without bending/snapping.)

Oh and how much?

How bout something like this..
    It's kinda hard to fit a 35 under the bed

Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    Oh and how much?
    Depends on how much welding is invovled and much the stainless tubing will cost. Bring it by and I can see what needs to be done and how much material i need to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by firegixx600 View Post
    How bout something like this..
    It's kinda hard to fit a 35 under the bed
    That shouldn't be too bad because it is all straight bars.