Thread: Road Report: Deer Creek & Pleasant Park

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Road Report: Deer Creek & Pleasant Park

I rode Deer Creek and Pleasant Park road on Sunday and it was very nice. The repaving of Deer Creek is done and it's in great shape.

There was only one corner on Pleasant Park I had to check up because of the sand. A couple other corners had just a small amount of sand in the middle of the lane, but otherwise the road was in great shape.

Sounds like Lookout Mountain is quite heavily sanded, so Pleasant Park may be a better alternative. Keep it safe.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Board Newbie

Question Re: Road Report: Deer Creek & Pleasant Park

I'm a little new to riding canyons other than in the Golden Gate Canyon area where I live. In fact, check out Crawford Gulch Road. It's about four miles up Golden Gate from Highway 93 on the right hand side. Look for it right after the white split-railed fence. Other than the sand in some of the corners right now, it's great fun. You can only follow it for a little over four more miles before it becomes a dirt road, but it's also terrific fun on the way back down. It would only take about ten minutes or so to ride up it and back down, and then when you get back to Golden Gate Canyon Road you can hang a right and continue on up toward Highway 119.

However, I don't know much about the other canyon roads. How do I get to Deer Creek and Pleasant Park?

Thanks!

Re: Road Report: Deer Creek & Pleasant Park

there down south

other than that you know as much as me
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Re: Road Report: Deer Creek & Pleasant Park

Quote Originally Posted by Karter
    However, I don't know much about the other canyon roads. How do I get to Deer Creek and Pleasant Park?
    http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&trf=0&l...9.543897&mag=6

Off of Deek Creek Canyon, Pleasant park is the road south at "philipsburg" through "deermont" to Conifer. I've never heard of those names but that is what it shows on the map. You can zoom in to get actual road names to look out for if you go by yourself first time, or join us some Sat. / Sun. and ask, we usually don't need much of an excuse to ride any certain road, weather / conditions excluded.

This magnification level shows the roads with the names we usually call them. Move the map around and you will see most all of them as they are referenced to here on the board.
    Having Golden gate as an extended driveway must be nice.
    The older I get the faster I was!