Thread: 2007 Track rental safety class requirements

2007 Track rental safety class requirements

Beginning April 1, 2007 all persons wishing to rent track time at Pueblo Motorsports Park must show previous classroom experience or have attended a safety class at Pueblo Motorsports Park. As previously announced a 4 hour basic safety class will be offered at Pueblo Motorsports Park, after which the student will be issued a card stating they have attended a safety class and can book rental time.

The date of January 1 has been moved to April 1 to allow time to attend a class. I will prepare a schedule of class time for bikes and one for cars. If you wish to attend one of these classes, please let me know at ene5348@yahoo.com or call me at 719-240-4132 or 719-647-0937.

The cost of the class is $199.00. This fee will cover 4 hours of instructions and 4 hours of track time.

NOTE: If you currently have proof of previous instruction i.e. - MRA instruction card, SCCA card, any previous instructor classes etc. please let me know. You will NOT be required to attend the PMP safety class.

Please contact me if you need additional information.

Thank you so very much,
    Earlene “Ene” Theis

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Re: 2007 Track rental safety class requirements

I have spoken with Earlene this morning about the classes

I will be the point of contact for the upcomming track classes.

I understand that there may be a few of you that are intereseted in working these classes. Please contact me directly.

My plan as it sits now is to:

Recruit a few "senior riders" and a few 'Junior" riders to run these classes The Junior level instructors will be on hand to assist the senior level riders.

*if you are interested in this please let me know soon

Crash Lowe has donated his services to build a "online" cirrculum to complete the classroom portion of the class.

If you have any questions pleaes let me know. Currently the goal is to have the instructors in place by 12/15/06 and the online portion of the school completed by 1/30/07

Please remember that this class and certification is designed to introduce people to the track safely. This isn't Keith Code's Superbike school. Race Certification will not be provided

Joe
    jlogalbo@msn.com
    3/961-2669

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Hey Joe,
    Does anyone who races with the MRA have to take this class?
    Sorry if thats a dumb questions
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

To tag onto Ashli's question, if you are MRA or otherwise certified, will you be able to show that once and have the card thingy for PMP issued to carry with you, or will you need to carry proof of MRA certification with you for each track day? If so, what proof is required?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Hey Joe,

Ashli,

Don't know if I understand your question.

Licensed MRA riders do not have to take the classes. They have already completed a course by Mark Schellinger, Mike Petiford, etc.. Of course a new racer or rider that has already had some training but is not familar with PMP will need to familrize themselves with the track before heading out...but if they have had some sort of prior training they should already know that

This class is designed for the non racers that also enjoy the track. It is a class that is going to be geared towards a safe and enjoyable track day, not a "go faster" class.

It will cover everything from the items to bring to the track day to how to "learn" the track to your expected behavior ( ie track entrance and exit etc.).

But then again if your are asking if Hoopty needs to go back to school ... then hell yes and he has to sit at the back of the class

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch
    To tag onto Ashli's question, if you are MRA or otherwise certified, will you be able to show that once and have the card thingy for PMP issued to carry with you, or will you need to carry proof of MRA certification with you for each track day? If so, what proof is required?
    Mel

Showing your MRA card/cert will allow entrance into Pueblo. I am going to assume that you can ask Earlene to give you the card once you show here your cert.

However, I need to discuss with Earlene what type of timeframe this cert was issued. Don't want somebody that comes up and says I used to race flat track in the 70's and haven't been on a bike since, but I know what I am doing.

Joe

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    Hey Joe,

Ashli,

Don't know if I understand your question.

Licensed MRA riders do not have to take the classes. They have already completed a course by Mark Schellinger, Mike Petiford, etc.. Of course a new racer or rider that has already had some training but is not familar with PMP will need to familrize themselves with the track before heading out...but if they have had some sort of prior training they should already know that

This class is designed for the non racers that also enjoy the track. It is a class that is going to be geared towards a safe and enjoyable track day, not a "go faster" class.

It will cover everything from the items to bring to the track day to how to "learn" the track to your expected behavior ( ie track entrance and exit etc.).

But then again if your are asking if Hoopty needs to go back to school ... then hell yes and he has to sit at the back of the class
    Ohhhhh OK you totally answered my question... thanks
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    Mel

Showing your MRA card/cert will allow entrance into Pueblo. I am going to assume that you can ask Earlene to give you the card once you show here your cert.

However, I need to discuss with Earlene what type of timeframe this cert was issued. Don't want somebody that comes up and says I used to race flat track in the 70's and haven't been on a bike since, but I know what I am doing.

Joe
    ooohhhhh yeah, I didn't think of the timing thing. I just figured it would be the same time frame as the MRA liscense is good (what, 2-3 years?).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Joe thank you for helping all of us start and end our days safe. Anyone interested in instructing these safety classes please get in touch with Joe.

What a guy !!!!!

Thanks so much,
    Earlene

so will my last 2 years MRA licens be good enough or will i have to take "JOES CLASS" to be allowed?
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

I just received a phone call so please let me clarify. The basic safety class at Pueblo does NOT give you a MRA race license. You do NOT have to be a member of the MRA to take the Pueblo Class. If you can prove attendance at another safety class within the past 2-3 years this will be acceptable. Yes, some track do offer to acknowledge a class from their tracks as well. We do. Therefore, if you have taken a class at Miller, for example and have some documentation concerning that, PMP will honor it. We are NOT trying to "go into the business" of teaching nor do we want this mandated insurance requirement to give any user the idea they do not need further instruction. We highly encourge anyone which has not taken the MRA class or a private class to do so. They are the professionals and what they can teach you is invaluable.

If you have any questions, please let me or Joe know.

So, a CCS\RRSW racer license class, or a Cali Superbike\Kieth Code class certification is sufficient to get into the track and participate without taking the PMP-specific classes ... correct?

JPLRacing -
    I have been riding on a track for the past 4 years fairly consistently. I have also worked with Team Arizona and AZTrackday in Phoenix, Arizona both as a corner worker and as a control rider in that time. If you need any assistance with the classes, or if you need assistance with ideas on how to keep the track safe, I would love to help out. Keep in mind though that I have not had the opportunity to ride at PMP yet since I have only been here for a couple of months.

Twinspeed.

Welcome and I responded by PM. If you have any questions let me know

Joe