Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New member introductions here

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    Well, i'm an idiot...I just started posting and didn't even introduce myself. My name is Travis Josifek (Joe-sah-fek - cause Scer's a moron and can't pronounce my last name) I met a few of you at Breck's last weds and also went partially on the leadville ride a couple sat's ago w/ Vif, Fast Freddy, bulldog420, the dude that got the Weaving ticket, and i can't remember who else . I love being on this site, helps my sanity and my days go by alot quicker. Looking forward to meeting you all, that's a lie...just some of you. If you ever dare to come into Commerce City and need Sanctuary give me a call. Oh, by the way, i'm white. If you haven't seen my butt...it's floating out there somewhere.
    Late!
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    A white dude in Combat City? Are you a cop?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    A white dude in Combat City? Are you a cop?
    Not a cop...but i'm married to a mexican...so I think that makes me accepted in the city.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Hi all, been lurking for a while, and riding for a while, too. Just got a zx-7r at the beginning of the summer, my first SPORT bike. trying to boost my skillz and get comfortable with the bike before I head out with you all. im looking forward to meeting everyone. I go to school at boulder but live and work down here in centennial (near 470 and quebec) for the summer, so I'll be hanging w/ the south metro crew for now...hope to see you guys around.
    C Willy
    '98 ZX-7R

Quote Originally Posted by Cwilly
    trying to boost my skillz and get comfortable with the bike before I head out with you all. im looking forward to meeting everyone.
    You might be surprised how many riders around your comfort level you will find on the Sunday ride, There is always some people that will stay with you and you will probably shorten the learning curve by riding with other people and picking up tips and hints, everyone is willing to share their experiance, plus it is safer than riding alone
    BTW Welcome to the club

Board Newbie
    one more try--Hello! I'll try to remain as polite as possible. Your boy Vance is already familiar with me and my temperment. Might make it to Brecks at some point. Looking forward to this...
    89' gixxer 1100
    98' Rat Bandit 1200

Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Board Newbie
    so...R1100S (jeff for short..are you?!) out of curiosity, when I've borrowed by buddies R11S The bags seem to drag really easy and the center stand is long gone. Considering the comments I've seen on your riding style, do run into these issues? He has OHLINS all around and a GS paralever, so the wheel base is shorter, and it's a taller ride with a little more lean into corners. Any comments or thoughts?

oh by the way... right back to ya'!!

bike fixed? and how does Sipapu sound in the fall? Its not the usual stuffy beemer rally...
    89' gixxer 1100
    98' Rat Bandit 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Zuki 12/11
    so...R1100S (jeff for short..are you?!) out of curiosity, when I've borrowed by buddies R11S The bags seem to drag really easy and the center stand is long gone. Considering the comments I've seen on your riding style, do run into these issues? He has OHLINS all around and a GS paralever, so the wheel base is shorter, and it's a taller ride with a little more lean into corners. Any comments or thoughts?

oh by the way... right back to ya'!!

bike fixed? and how does Sipapu sound in the fall? Its not the usual stuffy beemer rally...
    i've got just shy of 19k on the bike now. sitll have the stock suspenders on it. the front and back are as hard as they'll go. center stand is still on the bike.

i did try to run with the sportrider magazine settings for a couple hours but hit the right side center stand. i was running the hardest front/rear prior to that and immediately went back to it. since then i've not hit anything on the ground. when the current suspension is worn out i wont put OEM's back on the bike. i'm going to start shopping this fall and will have new stuff by spring.

as for the Ohlins, i'm thinking at this point they are kinda over kill on this bike. they can handle a lot more than my bike can give it so i'm starting to think it'd be a waste to spend the money. maybe works suspension. they're about 1/2 the $$$ and completely adjustable and rebuildable.

as far as dragging things, it's mostly a riding style issue. on BMW's you really need to start on the gas hard in corners. pretty much i get on the gas as soon as i'm done braking and start accelerating from there. it's a bad technique on a japanese bike with 100lbs less bulk and 30% more power but it works beautifully on the BMWs (pretty much all of the shaft drive ones).

give it a lot of gas and the back end will jack way up and stay stable is all it comes down to really.

it's a fun bike, but mainly i just like to hear people bitches about their asses hurtin after the rides :P

the bike is still down Sip-a-brew is a cool little rally. not too many people and nice roads all around. not stuffy at all. paonia this weekend is pretty cool too.
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Board Newbie
    Yeah, Im missing Paonia this year. Have a private security job to do Sunday and it pays very well.
    BMW riders sure have a habit of blind faith in the Para/Telever suspension system! At least the guys I ride with admit it and realise that they would get spit off HARD from a conventional suspended bike with the riding style beemers lead you into. It looks like fun to power wheelie the r11s tho'. Its a heavy bike but rides well.

I think you'd be suprised how nice Ohlins feel. Or Bitubo...another rider who grags his GS1150 needed those to keep his oilhead off the ground in turns.
    OK, thats enough for me. And on the "other" board look for Bandit12...
    89' gixxer 1100
    98' Rat Bandit 1200

YO,

Been lurking here for a couple MONTHS now.

Just moved to Aurora from Alabama.

Seems everyone here gets along well....I can't wait to meet up for a ride.

I ride a blue 2001 GSX-R750.

I started riding 10 years ago (shit I'm getting old)
    Just got the bike after a few years off from riding so I'm a little rusty but improving daily.

See ya around,
    Daniel

Hey Welcome!!! Sorry i cant post a "look its a newbe pic cuz im not at my comp but,

Yet that will do it.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Newbie huh?

Let's hit the twisties and find out out who can go the slowest through a corner. You don't stand a chance!

Are you kidding?
    R.I.P 502

I certainly hope so.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue750
    Seems everyone here gets along well.
    Usually everyone gets along well, but there are days with drama, drama, drama...

Welcome Daniel What part of Aurora are you in ?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I am near Quincy & Buckley...in the neighborhood right next to the dog park.

I'm heading there right now.

Thanks for the welcome!
    http://www.myspace.com/maybeididit

"Not as long as I'm wearin' these Jamaican colors!"

2001 GSX-R750 Blue/White
    Carbon Fiber Yoshimura TRS Bolt-On

AKA "Devaclis"
    Another site newbie checking in.

Just purchased my first bike in 14 years. You guys have some great info here and seem to be a fun crowd.

See ya around.

Hiro

Quote Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist
    Another site newbie checking in.

Just purchased my first bike in 14 years. You guys have some great info here and seem to be a fun crowd.

See ya around.

Hiro
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Hmm, watch out more bimmers..........

Hi, mountain eagle here........ refered to and by zuki so to speak. I've a bit of a bike whore problem, but I'm working on it. I think I'm down to 7 and one, no two of them actually run (at the moment).

Jeff: Not sure if we met at paiona, but I'm the one who flipped the pretty white R11S in the black canyon.............. amazingly enough it's straight and I was able to ride the 50 or so miles to get to the rally. Happily it should be back together in time for Sipipu. I should be healed by then too.

Umm, you don't have any r11s spares laying about perchance?............

Re: Hmm, watch out more bimmers..........

Quote Originally Posted by mtne
    Hi, mountain eagle here........ refered to and by zuki so to speak. I've a bit of a bike whore problem, but I'm working on it. I think I'm down to 7 and one, no two of them actually run (at the moment).

Jeff: Not sure if we met at paiona, but I'm the one who flipped the pretty white R11S in the black canyon.............. amazingly enough it's straight and I was able to ride the 50 or so miles to get to the rally. Happily it should be back together in time for Sipipu. I should be healed by then too.

Umm, you don't have any r11s spares laying about perchance?............
    since the jackass ran into my front end last month and his insurance company has done jack so far, i missed paonia . my dad was there, though, on an 04 R1150RS (in blue), but there were probably a lot of those. i'll be at sipapau though no problem.

as for spares, unfortunately the bike's still too new (to me) to have any of that. given time i will i'm sure but nothing at the moment
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Another noob to add to the list. I've only been riding (on road) for about three years now. Current bike is an 04 Triumph Thruxton 900. I live in Wheat Ridge...lok forward to meeting everyone and checkin out the group rides. Doubt the Thruxton can keep up with most of you though

Hi, just checking it. I live in Evergreen and have talked to a few people on this site that I have seen at stops I have made. Most of the time I just ride in the mountains. Been riding on the street sence 1965, but like all types of bikes.

kenny

Welcome Kenny! Im sure you have a lot of experience to share. Maybe if you and Nick Ninja got together you could write a book.
    R.I.P 502