Thread: Summer Road trip

Summer Road trip

Looking for some help. As a newbie to the US my family and I are keen to explore. So we thought that next year we'd have a summer road trip - final destination California. Figured on the way we'd go to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Vegas. All other recommendations appreciated along with a nice beach destination in CA. Thanks in advance!
    I'm the English guy - you can call me Basil (Baazul not Bayzil - that's a herb)

Re: Summer Road trip

norther or souther cali? I lived there so i can give you good spots to go and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMike
    norther or souther cali? I lived there so i can give you good spots to go and eat.
    At this stage - no idea. Open to any suggestions. Wife likes the sea/warm weather so that's about the only criteria.

southern california is going to have warmer beaches but i think northern has nicer beaches

Now we'll see how good you are and if you can schedule it around Moto GP time

The Bay area is beautiful that time of year
    The older I get the faster I was!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Denverbusa beat me to it. Start your roadie about a week and 1/2 before the race, and work your way though all those destinations you were talking about, and land in Monterey just before race weekend.

I've done my share of road trips to various parts of CA (mostly SoCal) and there is a ton to see on the way there. If you think you'll like it, and wanna see it, hit-it-up, cause you probably will.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hmmmm, the Moto GP sounds good. I went to the GP in Great Britain in 2004 - where it rained solidly for 6 hours. Rossi was an absolute God that day. He rode like the track was dry and finished a day in front of everyone else. Mrs Schnorbitz may ahve something to say about attending the GP. Not too sure if the timing will work as I will be on my Euro tour around that time in July.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMike
    southern california is going to have warmer beaches but i think northern has nicer beaches
    OK, let's narrow it down. SoCal will get the vote if it's warmer - that'll keep the wife happy!

^ you know T-man from the messagenet right? He was gonna plan out a trip to the Gp for when he gets back from the sandbox. Shoot him a pm over there.

downtown santa barbara is a really nice place. good shopping food and a nice beach at the end.