Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grabd Prix - Lost another customer

AKA "Devaclis"

Grand Prix - Lost another customer

We bought Sweetie's GS500 there over a month ago. At that time, we were promised a new windscreen for the bike to replace the messed up one that was on it. 1.5 weeks go by and no phone call so I go into the store. Well, the sales guy forgot to put in the order for the part. Go figure. PROMISED us he would order it and it would be in soon. They will call us. 1.5 weeks later, no call so the wife calls the parts dept there. "Let me see if I can track it for you. Yep, it will be in our store in 2 days". 4 days later we go to pick up the part. Told by handsome Jim behind the counter that they can't find it in the store anywhere and when he looks online it is "back ordered". Told me that the guy my wife had spoken to, who told here it was being tracked and would be in, "Was not in today. Come back tomorrow"

I tell mr. time travel that tomorrow is Sunday. I also tell him "When, I mean IF, the part comes in, you will send it to my house. I am not comming back into your store again" He says ok and takes our info down. Also tells me that he see's my wife and I in there all the time. I told him "Yeah, we used to spend a lot of money here"

Any sales guys, parts guys, service guys from Grand Prix read this board? Hope so. It is a shame that follow up after the sale has ruined a pretty good relationship. Already called the dealer board. Already called the BBB. Just venting now.

Cliff Notes: Grand Prix lived up to the average dealer experience and stopped supporting us after they got our $$
    Last edited by Devaclis; Tue Dec 19th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Re: Grabd Prix - Lost another customer

Grand Prix sucks major ass. Always have, always will.

Sorry bout your troubles bud
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

AKA "Devaclis"

I noticed that I did not even give them the courtesy of a properly spelled name.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

bummer .... Does Sweetie Pie at least like her new ride ?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

+1 Grand Prix sucks. Frame slider's took 5+ months to get here when I was promised over and over they "will be here next week" 4 months of that got old.

However Performance cycle has bent over backwards and made an easy 4G's off me. Chris and Lance ROCK!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

4 Grand...damn I can't wait to get my Xmas present from you.

+1 on Performance!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

honest reply

Bill here, owner Grand Prix, just a quick statement to members. Been around for 13 years now and love the bike business. Do not expect every customer to like us--and yes we make mistakes and make customers angry and everyone has the right to shop where they feel comfortible. But it gets tough when a customer posts a lie or simply does not understand the situation. This usually comes from miscommunication. We have no and have never intentionally screwed someone over. If anyone feels we have please respond. We do not lie to customers and if I find that a sales associate or any employee has we fire them. As a reply to this post.....Yes we dropped the ball and the sales associate did not get the shield ordered, mistakes happen and we have no excuse, when we found out that it needed to be ordered it was placed. The bike was bought on 11-16 and we ordered the shield on 11-28. WE offered to ship the shield to this customer free of charge---not the other way around as stated. The shield is on backorder and has been on backorder and will be released in a few days. I received an email from this customer saying we are lyers and intentially deceived him etc. etc. You have got to be kidding me.....why would we try to screw someone out of an 18 dollar windshield???? Come on get real. The fact is this customer should have brought this to the sales managers or my attention so we could fix the mistake not call the BBB or Dealer Board about a backordered part. If any of you guys have a problem with us I will take your email or phone call and will be happy to respond and take care of any issues so you will be happy----yeah a lot of you guys hate us whatever. I am here to say we are owner owned and operated and you can bring any issue to me and I will resolve it. My direct line is 303 532 2940. Tony Hayter is the sales GM his direct line is 303 532 2923. Thanks, Bill

Thanks for posting your concerns Bill. I have been a customer of Grand Prix ever since I've came to the denver area. And yes I have had both good and bad experiences, but like Dana I find some issue's inexcusable.

One, It took 5+ months to get frame sliders in for my ZX-10 (which I bought from you, that was a good experience, see this thread I posted http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ead.php?t=5830) Tracy, whom is the ONLY real parts guy I trusted, promised me every weekend, "they will be here next week" then next week comes "they'll be here next week" I damn near had to kick bikes over on the sales floor to get someone to call the manufacturer and figure out what was going on. In the meantime I took my business to Performace and bought the rest of my parts there. Their people care and went the extra mile for me, perhaps thats why I dropped $4,000+ there?

You service dept. also did a great job of spilling my oil all over my new bike and making the excuse "contaminated towels didn't allow us to clean it up." BS, you couldn't even rinse it off! Bart down at TK motorsports took a look at it and couldn't believe a dealer would let it leave in this condition. He cleaned it up and installed my new brake lines and suspension for me and took a good look over the bike to ensure nothing was leaking. I've also had THE WRONG OIL added to my bike after specifically requesting synethetic oil. I wouldn't even bring my bike back but I have the "Grand Prix Gold Card" too bad its not "Gold Card" service.

Also I was in there about a month ago and inquired about the new 07 ZX6R and asked when I can see one. My ZX-10 is payed off and Kawasaki Credit will be financing my new bike, slam dunk right? Guess what? You've had 2 bikes for over a week and yet my phone hasn't rang? Why? Is my $9,000 and being a repeat customer not good enough for you?

Every dealership has its problems: turnover, etc. but these issue's in my mind are not representational of "Good Dealer." Please correct me if I'm wrong, or PM me to work these issues out.
    Last edited by konichd; Wed Dec 20th, 2006 at 03:00 PM.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

AKA "Devaclis"

Sorry Bill, I was told "untruths" by 2 different employees. I call that lying. Thanks for your rebuttal. I still don't have what was promised to me and that is really the main point.

David,
    I am familiar with the issues you experienced and am sorry for the inconviences. I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them. First lets address the issue on the sliders. When you ordered them on 4/1/06 no company made them for your bike.....we got you one of the first sets available from cape fear on 8/3/06. As I understand it you were aware that these were not available. Even if there was miscommunication I do not understand how a customer can be upset at a shop over availability of a part. A lot of times when we call the manufacturer they tell us...it will be a week.....and it goes on and on. We can only relay what the manufacturers tell us and we do not make the parts. At the time the sliders were ordered they could not be purchased anywhere. Also to try and appease you we sold these to you for 89.95. Our cost was 90.99 plus shipping. We actually took a loss on this sale to you. They retail for 139.99. So I do not see an issue here.

As far as the service dept., Our techs are required to clean all units after they work on them. I will review who worked on your unit and write them up for poor job performance-which is standard procedure. I understand why the service experience was bad. I will be happy to refund any unused portion of your maintence plan since you are unhappy with service. I can only assume that the service writer missed noting to put synthetic oil in and will also look into who did that by pulling up the original RO. (next week)

I checked our traffic log for your name and Eric helped you out in Nov. Your name is on his hand written list to call when we get a 6r in. I do not know why you think we have a 6r here but we do not. They have not been released to us yet....so again you are upset about something that is incorrect. Who told you we have a 6r in stock?

I hoped this gave you some answers or could help reslove any issues and we do value you as a customer and I would hope that you would give us a chance to earn your business back.

Bill

My parts manager is sitting here with me and the shield showed up this morning - would you like me to hand deliver this too you on my way home.
    As far as the guys lying-as stated before they did not intentially lie but they were apparantly lazy and did not provide you with the correct answer to helping you resolve this issue...I hate apoligizing for an employee that does a poor job and there is no excuse for their laziness.
    And I will try to find out who miscommunicated the facts to you.
    Sincerely,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPRIXOWNER
    I hate apoligizing for an employee that does a poor job and there is no excuse for their laziness.
    And I will try to find out who miscommunicated the facts to you.
    That's your job. If you don't want to do it, find someone else to be in charge.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPRIXOWNER
    David,
    I am familiar with the issues you experienced and am sorry for the inconviences. I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them. First lets address the issue on the sliders. When you ordered them on 4/1/06 no company made them for your bike.....we got you one of the first sets available from cape fear on 8/3/06. As I understand it you were aware that these were not available. Even if there was miscommunication I do not understand how a customer can be upset at a shop over availability of a part. A lot of times when we call the manufacturer they tell us...it will be a week.....and it goes on and on. We can only relay what the manufacturers tell us and we do not make the parts. At the time the sliders were ordered they could not be purchased anywhere. Also to try and appease you we sold these to you for 89.95. Our cost was 90.99 plus shipping. We actually took a loss on this sale to you. They retail for 139.99. So I do not see an issue here.

As far as the service dept., Our techs are required to clean all units after they work on them. I will review who worked on your unit and write them up for poor job performance-which is standard procedure. I understand why the service experience was bad. I will be happy to refund any unused portion of your maintence plan since you are unhappy with service. I can only assume that the service writer missed noting to put synthetic oil in and will also look into who did that by pulling up the original RO. (next week)

I checked our traffic log for your name and Eric helped you out in Nov. Your name is on his hand written list to call when we get a 6r in. I do not know why you think we have a 6r here but we do not. They have not been released to us yet....so again you are upset about something that is incorrect. Who told you we have a 6r in stock?

I hoped this gave you some answers or could help reslove any issues and we do value you as a customer and I would hope that you would give us a chance to earn your business back.

Bill
    Thank you for looking into my problem Bill.

First, the sliders were never communicated to me to be on back order or "not available" I order them and I was told the manufacturer had them in stock and I will recieve them in a week to 10 days. I heard this for 4 months, why couldn't a parts person do their job, call the manufacturer instead of having me stop in ever weekend? Thankfully Tracy took care of the situation, but I still had my sliders months after promised.

Second, I called your dealership yesterday and asked for a salesman. I clearly asked to see if they had a new 07 Kawi ZX6R in and I was told you recieved 2 black ones last week (monday 4th?)? Perhaps this is wrong, but somehow what your saying and your sales rep said are 2 different answers......

As far as the service. I mainly bought the "Gold Card" because it extends the factory warrenty from 1 yr to 3 yrs. However I've had a number of problems. One, the first time I took it in and recieved my ZX back with oil covering the belly pan. The second service, not only had the wrong oil after I specifically made it clear senthetic only, but for some reason service had the information wrong (had an 05 zx-10r in the computer) and perhaps this caused a problem?

I was also in there the other day to get a new rear dunlop on my rim. I took the rear tire off and brought it in. I called ahead and stated I'd be coming in and if they had time. The service department said if I dropped if off no problem. So I go down and drop my rim off and ask to get a new Qualifer mounted. I was told I needed to go to parts and get a sales rep to get my tire? I'm suprised I didn't have to mount the fuckin' thing.

While I was also down there I inquired about some "tank grip" that racer's use to grap their leg. I was basically offered no help and told the only thing you had was motorcross grip. No one even looked into a catalog for me. However Performace was more than happy to look it up and take 50 bucks to order my "Stomp Grip" and while I was there I also dropped another 300 on a pitbull stand, etc.... A sale you easily lost due to a poor job by your parts staff. Tracy and 1 other guy(sorry I do not know his name off hand) are the only ones I trust and even that relationship is strained.
    Last edited by konichd; Thu Dec 21st, 2006 at 09:25 AM.

As far as the thats your job comment-I have no idea what you are talking about....It is not my job to apoligize for an employees actions. It is my job to make sure that the employee does his/her job correctly in the first place. And if that employee does not-I need to see why and if it is a training issue or if it is a lazy or unwilling employee. Then it is my job to see if there is a way to correct the problem for the customer..If it is the lazy or unwilling then I decide to write him/her up or terminate their employment. Dealerships get blaimed for anything wrong but in reality it is the employees issues. Do you think we sit around in training and meetings telling our guys how to screw customers?
    Bill

I've noticed that when it comes to buying things like sliders it is easier to just get them on the 'net. Why waste your time going to the store to order them and then come back when they come in, IF they order them, IF the distributor has them in stock, IF they actually remember to call you.

David,
    Again-if you want to do business elsewhere that is your choice. We could never keep every customer happy. But I know a few facts. Currently we service over 10,000 customers and are one of the largest dealerships in sales and service for the manufacturers we represent. Our employees are trained in customer service and I am here to take care of any issues. I can not fix things through email statements or replies. I understand that a customers perception is reality...the comment about having to go to parts to get your tire...think about this for a minute. The tire is stocked in parts not service, the customer needs to go to the parts dept. so we can be assured that you are getting the correct tire that you want.. Do you think it is the service writers job to pick out your tire? They can get it installed but they can not know which tire you need. Thats why we have a parts dept. You keep referring to Tracy--whom is now an assistant manager, My advice to everyone is if you find an employee at a shop that you are comfortible dealing with then deal with him/her.
    I can not help with issues that have occured in service....those issues need to be brought to a managers or owners attention when they happen. If you have an issue in parts then let Chris or Tracy know so we can fix them. You do not have to do business with us but at least let someone in charge know that there is a problem or there is no way we can fix the problem. I actually appreciate these comments-again without knowing-we can not fix the problem. We hate to lose you as a customer but it will help us better ourselves by reviewing your comments with the parts, sales and service depts.
    There are no 07 6rs available from Kawasaki as far as we know.
    Again my offer stands to terminate your service contract so you are not tied to us.
    Thank you,
    Bill

I might agree with that comment-but I would think that you guys would need the stores in business so they can service your needs. Do you think that there should be no motorcycle dealerships?
    Bill

sure, getting a filter or something like that, the store is a handy place to go. Perhaps it is just my history of not buying squid bikes that makes it more difficult for me to get things like sliders or windscreens.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Worst.
    Owner.
    Ever.

Too many: "I can not help." "It's not my job." "I hate apologizing" 'esq comments.

It's like we're dealing with a graduate from the Krusty The Clown School Of Business.

Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Dec 22nd, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~
    Worst.
    Business Owner.
    Ever.

Too many: "I can not help." "It's not my job." "I hate apologizing" 'esq comments.

It's like we're dealing with a graduate from the Krusty The Clown School Of Business.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~
    Worst.
    Owner.
    Ever.

No doubt - I was thinking the same thing

I love how he a) Calls customers liars b) calls employees lazy c) nitpicks the customer's experience to discredit (??) the customer's claim d) blames "dealership issues" on *his* employees!?! e) cites "writing up" and "firing" employees as the main levers he uses to manage his team...

That place must be a horror show for the employees - worse than for the customer.

Terrible. Unfortunately owners don't usually have to show a resume to get the job, and even terrible owner/managers can survive in a growth market.
    ###############

Geoff Snyder
    MRA #76 (formerly #828 )
    Bike: '07 GSX-R1000

AKA "Devaclis"

Did not want this to turn into a thread bashing the owner. This was about a buying experience at the shop. Bill had nothing to do with the problems I had there. Please limit your comments to my origional post and refrain from personally bashing Bill.

Dana

Hey guys,
    It is hard to reply so the correct message gets across. I am not putting blaim on anyone and I accept full responsibility for my employess actions. I am trying to reach out to you guys so we can do a better job for you.
    It is as simple as that.
    Bill

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis
    Did not want this to turn into a thread bashing the owner. This was about a buying experience at the shop. Bill had nothing to do with the problems I had there. Please limit your comments to my origional post and refrain from personally bashing Bill.

Dana
    At the start of this I didn't intend to bash Bill either. Heck... I've purchased a bike from Grand Prix.. But in business, the actions and philosophies that eventually end at the customer, tend to just trickle-down from the philosophy at the top. Now that I know where "the top" is, I can't say I'm terribly surprised by your experience Dana.

I've seen people express displeasure with plenty of shops on here. Even our beloved TK has taken some heat on the off-&-on. Now I don't know if Brian is the owner, but as the person who has always responded to the criticism, he has never replied with anything class, complete and unconditional accountability, and a willingness to do whatever he can, to make things right. Nothing that alludes to how big they are, how many satisfied customers they serve, nor any other "pat ourselves on the back" proclaimations. When a business owner is so inclined to state (not to mention RE-STATE): "Again my offer stands to terminate your service contract so you are not tied to us."

Well.... That about speaks for itself.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson