Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Importantly.. Bike Security

More Importantly.. Bike Security

Just seeing if anyone on here has a recomendation for a shop to install a GPS tracking system like lo-jack on my new bike? The last one grew legs in the middle of the night and I DO NOT want some piece of shit scum bag bitch doing the same with its replacement. I'm also looking into getting one of those abnoxious brake locks that fit over the disc that also act as an alarm if moved, bumped, etc. But really want some way to track this thing if the worst were to happen again... Also looking at getting a good security alarm for the bike that has a tilt or bump sensor as well as an additional loud ass alarm speaker and some sort of visable LED that tells cock sucking theives to kick rocks before even trying.. Not sure if there are any shops locally that sell or install this kind of equipment on motorcycles, so any leads are appreciated. I talked to the folks at Car Toys and they seemed fucking clueless and have only done a few bikes in the past so I really would rather not have them do any kind of serious install that involves wiring when they dont know what they are doing.. Thanks for any info again guys and gals! Going to be good to be out on 2 again!!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Re: More Importantly.. Bike Security

Any bike shop should be able to do it.
    Or just pull the wheels off every night and call it good...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

GPM is a certified Lo-jack dealer. Having that system is all you'll need, it'll also drop your insurance rates a lot too. My friend got his 07' FZ1 stolen from his complex a few years ago and police found it within hours. I don't know what their guarantee is now but when he got it for his FZ1 and I got it for my gixxer they guaranteed that if not found within 48 hrs they'd give you $5000 towards a new bike and well that in top of your insurance settlement means a bike cash or a hefty amount towards a fancy ass bike! If they still do this, there is no losing. They stand behind their product really well.

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    GPM is a certified Lo-jack dealer. Having that system is all you'll need, it'll also drop your insurance rates a lot too. My friend got his 07' FZ1 stolen from his complex a few years ago and police found it within hours. I don't know what their guarantee is now but when he got it for his FZ1 and I got it for my gixxer they guaranteed that if not found within 48 hrs they'd give you $5000 towards a new bike and well that in top of your insurance settlement means a bike cash or a hefty amount towards a fancy ass bike! If they still do this, there is no losing. They stand behind their product really well.
    was just in grandprix today and saw something about LoJack being on sale for like 5... something

That obnoxious brake rotor alarm is great until the battery dies at 3am in the cold ass early morning and the alarm starts going off. nothing better than jumping out of bed and running to the garage to find nothing wrong. Now you somehow, half awake, have to get your ears close enough to the high pitch alarm to unlock it and pull the battery out just to shut it up!!!

Anyways, I have one of those. And up untill that point it worked great. Needless to say, I use the lock but without the batteries. But then again my babies are tucked away nice and safely.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

G-force and Sun do Lo-jack install as well

SUN:
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Milkman, you should just hire some BlackWater dudes to protect your new bike!
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

I think I'm ready for a disc brake lock. How do I know what is the right one to choose. I see 2 inch, 3 inch and different pin sizes. I'll assume the 3 inch is for the bigger brakes and the 2 inch is for smaller brakes (less performance bike?) but what should I do on the Pin size?
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Whatever you do, get one with a handlebar cable. I've put a rotor lock through my front fender before...

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I think I'm ready for a disc brake lock. How do I know what is the right one to choose. I see 2 inch, 3 inch and different pin sizes. I'll assume the 3 inch is for the bigger brakes and the 2 inch is for smaller brakes (less performance bike?) but what should I do on the Pin size?
    A disc brake won't stop 2-3 guys from picking up your bike and putting it in their van. I don't have lojack but I have a garage at home and at work so I'm not too concerned (full coverage and what not), I'd have lojack if I didn't have a secure place for the bike.
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Even with a disc brake lock they can still take it away rather easy
    Good follow up to my post saying the same thing

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Little View Post
    Good follow up to my post saying the same thing
    Mine is simplified, I win

If being simple means you win I guess I'll take intelligent but verbose

Motos:
    Cars:

Thanks Disturbed.

I'll tell intelligent?

Would you guys relax? I hit the reply button and typed this up, got busy and forgot to send it through, I got free again and just hit the button. I don't read interweb mind thus not knowing the same damn reply was in.

Would you guys relax? I hit the reply button and typed this up, got busy and forgot to send it through, I got free again and just hit the button. I don't read interweb mind thus not knowing the same damn reply was in.
    lol, you don't really think I'm angry/care do you? There's no hard feelings, just hard times!

Motos:
    Cars:

Lol,

I don't care, explained anyways lol

Land mines....

But seriously, the best is a tracking device coupled with an audible alarm and a chain lock mounted off the ground to avoid using the floor as leverage for bolt cutters. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Land mines....

But seriously, the best is a tracking device coupled with an audible alarm and a chain lock mounted off the ground to avoid using the floor as leverage for bolt cutters. Just sayin'...
    Hell might as well do it all lol

I bought the disc one anyways. I too have a underground parking garage spot but other cars can also go in and have access to park and people can walk through there if they want and open the door. So it isnt the safest exactly. I understand 2-3 guys can lift the bike but hell this might deter them. Detering them long enough for someone to see them there might be enough to stop the theft all together. Worth a shot to me.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

This is pretty fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

Broad daylight.

Anything helps for sure, just gotta stay a step ahead or at least try to since these guys are constantly trying to figure ways around these security measures to steal bikes easier and quicker