Thread: Not so gsxr savy

Talking Not so gsxr savy

Hard lowside on my 06 gsxr. It's my 600canyon toy which is still insured but didnt claim. Already replaced a subframe rail among other things but I'm weary about this clutch side bar. It's loose on the fork and don't really know how to tackle it. I'm located on Yale and 25 at a house in a garage with tools..Lookout mtn. got me!!

Re: Not so gsxr savy

There's an allen on the front side of the clamp. Tighten it down. IIRC it's something like 10 ft lbs of torque. Not too much, just enough to get it on there.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

21 views 1 reply. Cheers just eye ball how straight it is and use the gas tank stop as a reference?

Just make it so it is comfortable. They are adjustable for a reason.

There is an indent on the bottom of the triple tree, and a bump on top of the clamp. They line up and you'll know when it fits in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    There is an indent on the bottom of the triple tree, and a bump on top of the clamp. They line up and you'll know when it fits in properly.
    This. As long as they're stock bars, they'll only go on one way.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Unless the press fitting of he bar to the clamp has been compromised.

This isn't a big operation, but the handlebar is really important. If you're not 100% sure it's right buy a new one and replace the damaged one. I've seen being frugal get expensive too many times.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

This isn't a big operation, but the handlebar is really important. If you're not 100% sure it's right buy a new one and replace the damaged one. I've seen being frugal get expensive too many times.

Scott
    To echo what Rybo just said, I have a set for sale after replacing the stock ones with Woodcraft clip-ons on my racebike. Let me know if you need them.

Lookout Mountain can be dicey.

A few years ago, some idiot turned left in front of me near Buffalo Bill's grave. I was riding with a group, and she turned right through the middle of the pack.

My old Harley Sportster got tore up pretty badly, and I ended up in an ambulance with a broken left collarbone. The worst part of the whole thing was that the driver took off and left me lying in a heap in the middle of the road.

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

Scott
    This is what I should have mentioned first. I'm sure once I get it apart I'll see a loose bolt and it'll be tight again but might end up purchasing a bar.

Thanks for all the tips..would my f1 light be on because all my lights are still unplugged? Also is there a repair book like chiltons for my gsxr? Maybe once I locate something I can read up on I'll be a little more educated and less inclined to b*tch

No that wouldn't affect your FI light. That'd be something else. I can get ahold of whatever part of the service manual you ask for though. Getting the whole thing will take some time though.

Ok so knowing lights won't affect the f1 is the a obd tool I can plug in and get the code?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsToaSt303 View Post
    Ok so knowing lights won't affect the f1 is the a obd tool I can plug in and get the code?
    I believe most FI bikes allow you to jumper some pins on the ECU, which then will cause the FI light to flash out the trouble code.

On yours there's a plug under the passenger seat that is capped off with a rubber cap. There should be two wires going into it IIRC. The "OBD tool" basically plugs into that and jumps those two wires. You can do the same thing with a paperclip.

Bike/key off, jump the two wires. Key on, bike OFF! The code will display in the odometer area. Then you can look it up online as to what it is, and go from there.