Thread: I want to go racin'! But I don't know how....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Unhappy I want to go racin'! But I don't know how....

So I've decided that I'm going to do a couple races in the MRA schedule next year. I'm going to register for Sportsman and Novice GTU. Do my 3 races in each and decide if I want to pursue racing in the MRA in the upcoming years. I will be taking my MRA class in the spring from Mark Sellinger.

So I have to get started. I have a vehicle, I have a trailer, I have a bike (with a few things to prep), I have the gear, canopy, cooler, gas can, tools, etc. But attending the last MRA race I noticed a few things that I'm trying to decided if they are needed/wanted.

-Full one-piece leathers? Or do my 2-piece zip togethers work just fine? Any advantages disadvantages?
    -Tire Warmers, do you honestly need them or is it "cool" factor for the most part?
    -Spare parts, I've seen everything from backup bikes to just a bag of zip ties. I know there are a few critical items (levers, clip-ons, rearsets) but do I need extra cush drives and all that?

I've done a number of track days and so far I think I have a lot of the major items covered. I'm just a little unclear as to what it takes to make the trackday to raceday transition. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

FWIW I have plenty of spare knee sliders
    Last edited by konichd; Mon Oct 8th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz