Ok, with the last set of tires (Pirelli's) that were well worn last year, I was able to get around the track at IMI pretty quickly and even got my knee down the first time around the track. I replaced them with Metzler Z3's (the Sportec ones) a couple of months ago mainly because I like the Z6's for the 'busa.

At IMI Saturday, I was really stepping the rear out. Probably 5 times the rear slid a little and on the last curve, it stuttered (got my knee down and my lower leg down). Even Marney, who was watching Tom, saw the stutter and commented.

With the Pirelli's, I got my knee down easily and went from edge to edge on the tires. And while I don't _try_ to get my knee down, because of the slides, I didn't feel as confident to push it.

Conditions wise, it wasn't real hot although there was a good wind blowing.

Are the Pirelli's that much better or was I just luckier because I got the Pirelli's already broken in?

Obviously I'll be sticking with the Z3's, at least for the life of the tire but, at least with this one time experience with the Metzler's, I'm leaning towards getting the Pirelli's next time.

Carl