Anyone else hear about this last night?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11931579

A Colorado Springs man on a motorcycle fleeing a state trooper hit a curb Monday night, ejecting him from the bike in a fatal crash, police said.
The crash happened around 9:25 p.m. in the 300 block of North 21st Street, according to the Colorado Police Department's crime blotter.
A trooper with the Colorado State Patrol attempted to stop a motorcycle for speeding near West Cimarron Street and South 8th Street, police said, but the cyclist sped off.
The motorcycle headed west on Cimarron and north on 21st where the driver failed to make a turn and hit a curb, ejecting both the driver and a passenger.
Police identified the driver as William Lee Campbell and the passenger as Maria Renee Campbell, both 41, of Colorado Springs.
The couple were taken to Penrose Memorial Hospital where William Campbell died of his injuries, police said.
Maria Renee Campbell is in serious condition, police said. Further details on her injuries were not available.
Neither party was wearing a helmet and alcohol is suspected as a contributing factor in the incident, police said.
I feel kinda weird about it cuz i was northbound on nevada last night just entering downtown and that guy pulled up alongside me on his loud for nothing harley and when the light turned green he blasted off quickly accelerating to probably 50-60 (yes, downtown) and i remember thinking to myself, "That jackass is gonna kill himself"....