Thread: Lithium, it's not just for breakfast anymore ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lithium, it's not just for breakfast anymore ...

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/04/24-hours-of-ele.html

The link above says cars but don't puke. It's actually another righteous write-up on electric dirt bikes complete w/video.

"The Zero X is an EV you can buy right now for $7,450. It weighs in at a bantamweight 150 pounds, delivers as much as 40 miles on a charge from a lithium-ion battery, and with a 23-horsepower motor it'll hit 57 mph (and throw up a big spray of dirt getting there). Sakai says it offers the same power as a 250-cc gasoline powered bike, and with 50 foot-pounds of torque it'll smoke the tires on pavement."

I think if they took more of a motard style approach, a nice quite electric bike would work well on the back streets and suburbs. I know I would much prefer something like this to a pocket bike or a moped.
    Last edited by DanFZ1; Tue Apr 7th, 2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: i can't stop doing pollen.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.