I heard of this lunatic from Montana who posted a great small story about his love for riding on the ADV forums. I asked him if I could share it with you......

Here is is:

"When I was younger (more than a bit younger) I was enjoying a ride through a field of tall grass and wild flowers, standing on the pegs and lost in a world of the most wonderful smells when I encountered a very large hole. The bike stopped abruptly (I didn't) I found myself laying on my back looking up at this amazing blue sky wondering what had just happened. Then it hit me like a x4 to the head (pain) like I'd never experienced before. I had broken both wrists. I couldn't pick up my bike to ride home (I hated leaving it there on its side) so I walked the 2 miles. Several weeks later with casts on both arms (from elbows to knuckles) I felt this unrelenting desire to ride. I went to the garage thinking that sitting on my bike would help (it didn't) I couldn't grip the bars because of the casts. That is when my under-developed brain flashed (duct tape). So I'm standing in the garage taping my left hand to the bars when my mom appeared. She was not happy, and I couldn't run away 'cause I'm duct taped to the handle bars (I took a good beating) for that, but I know the feeling of just wanting to ride.

That was the moment I realized that I was hooked, that most of my time and most of my money would go to buying and riding motorcycles. I know how you feel to be without (I feel your pain)."

/choked up