So the long part of the story would involve the Ducati, the Nemesis ECU, and the wide band Lambda sensor that I installed. I just wanted to map the ECU for an exact Air / Fuel ratio at all RPM's and all throttle positions as I rode the bike.

Saturday I decided to go see how it works. Put my lap top computer in my back pack and headed to Bishops Castle thinking that would be a great test. Yes it works, I dialed in a 13.5 A/F just to be a tad bit on the rich side and things were working very well.

At Westcliffe I decided to dial it up a bit more and moved it to 13.7 A/F ratio and headed towards 50. I was doing some mild roll on's in third gear to get the mapping set. You know first and second gears are to fast, you can bounce it off the rev limiter faster than the lambda sensor can react. Forth and fifth would be a bit fast for public roads at red line so I thought third might work. Well, third is still too fast as the local sheriff told me as he just happened to come around a corner at the wrong time. I made his day.

So being stupid and not doing this on the track or on a dyno is going to cost me BIG (assuming I can even keep my license). Does anybody know of a good traffic lawyer in Freemont County (Cannon City)?