Quote Originally Posted by Ytry2";p="203993
Old age will catch up to you all at some point. Y'all think that we hate stunters... it is not that, and it has never been about that... More then likely we were stunner or canyon crashers at one point. Many of us have also paid the price. I know Barn has, as I still have the video. Barn knows that I have paid a HEAVY price as well. When you’re young, you don't care. I could say, Hey stunna stuper star, your going to get hurt, get a ticket, or get into a lot of debit, you would say???? You would say that same thing, Y'all just haters, I am going to be fine, bones heal, I am young blah blah....

But one day down the road, something will happen... Trust me it will happen and you will figure it out

I have been told the same thing about racing, road racing or motocross. I could say (and it has been said to me)

“Hey racer. Have you figured it out yet? Your gonna get hurt, you are going into debt, you will pay a heavy price every weekend at the track. It cost you over $100 per race, that does not include, tires and maintenance. You could get hurt, mess yourself up for life. All for what. A $20 trophy and an adrenalin rush. When you gonna grow up? When are you going to stop wasting money in the money pit and put your money away for retirement?”

You see, the same could be said about anything dangers and sport related. Sure you may win some money being a pro but the chances of anyone from Colorado reaching AMA high salary status is near nill. Even in motocross, Colorado rider Andrew Short took 1st place in a 125 race 2 weeks ago but he is not a Ricky Carmikel.

Anyway my point. You can try to tell stunters the dangers of what they are doing but like most people, they have to learn through experience and calling them names or hating them will not help. People who think racers are stupid for wasting money racing try to tell you the same thing by calling people names and saying they are stupid. Does it help?

In fact I am over 40 and still race Motocross and would like to start racing MRA soon, how stupid am I? (Don't answer that question it was rhetorical)