So this holiday weekend, I went for a ride down south to a town called Monte Vista. I took HWY 285 south, after I got out of the HORRENDOUS traffic, it was a very nice long ride. I stayed down there for the weekend and returned on Sunday via I-25. Somewhere between Walsenburg and Pueblo I hit some pretty heavy down pour. I lowered my head found a decent position so the rain seemed to bead off of my visor, slowed down to 70 and kept pushing through. It wasn't too bad since it was a straight path. I made it to Colorado Springs and got hit by more downpour. Through Colorado Springs it is not as straight, I cautiously used the left lane and occassionally the center lane and made my way out of the storm. Having ridden for 6 hours the first day and 4 on Sunday through several storms, I feel a LOT more confident, but I wanted to ask everyone here for any tips regarding riding in the rain. This is my first of many trips down there and any tips help.

Obviously staying out of the rain is the best option, but face it, you can't change the weather. I have a GREAT waterproof AlpineStar Jacket which kept me dry and warm.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!