So you may remember, last summer my R1 was stolen.

This morning I got a call from a Springs detective that the police in Charlotte, NC had recovered the bike back on 7/18/09 and its been sitting in a tow impound. The detective gave me the number for the tow company who in turned gave me information for the police -- they arrested a guy named Antwone Johnson on the bike and I'm waiting to hear back from their detective.

The tow guy said the bike is in piece and they had grinded off the vin numbers except for the one stampted into the engine block They also had added a bunch of stickers and decails

I was able to look up Antwone Johnson in the Mecklenburg County Jail and (horray), he's still there --

http://arrestinquiryweb.co.mecklenbu...astDayArrests=

He has a previous arrest for B/E with force back in 2007 so who knows if he's the one that stole it or if he just bought it, but eitherway... fucking thieves! The douche bag was arrested for the stolen vehicle, driving while his license is revoked, speeding and reckless driving with willful/wanton disregard -- so I'm guessing he was weaving in and out of traffic, speeding and thats what made the traffic cop notice him.

From what I understand, the insurance company owns the bike now but I'm thankful to know they finally cought the guy.