Thread: 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!--MC miles that is...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Talking 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!--MC miles that is...

So, I was feeling a tad restless and was missing my bike. I know she was missing rev'in her engine. Hadn't been out in 2 weeks. So, I decided to hold off on my weekend cleaning and packing up of stuff and went for a ride.

I knew my baby was getting up there in milage, so I decided to see what kind of riding I'd do today and compare to the end of the day...

Today was (is still) amazing weather-wise. Just right temps. Even up in the mountains. I did a lil loop. Up hwy34...over to hwy7...down to Lyons. Oh...tee hee. I saw Sean and Chris at the hwy7 and P2P junction and waved. I didn't know it was them until I got down to Lyons. I stopped at that lil park across from Oskar Blues and a few minutes later, there they were. Nice Duke, Chris!

Anyhoo, I decided to go back home taking hwy7 back up to Estes and then took Devil's Gulch Road to hwy34 and down to Loveland. I took a few side roads along the way.

Back up on hwy7, there's a road that takes off to an area called Wild Basin. It's probably the most Eastern edge of RMNP. There's a fee station and then a lake, but I decided to bypass the fee station, cuz I was only passing through. I did stop for a few pix though...

After coming out of the Wild Basin area, I stopped along hwy7 at the Longs Peak sign. Ahhh...Colorado skies once again....

My riding buddy for today wasn't the normal bi-ped, bi-modal type...he had 6 legs and 2 freakishly long antennae....and he loved posing for the camera...

When I finally made it home, I thought I'd double-check my trip meter...

Woohoo! Just enough to top the 20k mark!

Yep, that plain Jane...funky looking...sorta sportbike has been with me for over 17,000 miles now in less than 2 years. Time to break out the beer...
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Wed Aug 5th, 2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Not my post count...
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways