Thread: Intro racing class

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Intro racing class

This has been talked about in the racing discussions on the forums and I wanted to get a feel for what the northies think. The MRA is proposing a super street bike class. Bike prep is simple: whatever the track requires (tape off lights, no antifreeze, & no mirrors). Rider: gear would have to be 1 or 2 piece leathers with a commercial back protector, no more than 5 year old helmet, gloves and boots. Cost would be $50 for one class and $75 total for both classes (GTO and GTU). Each class will be run endurance style meaning a 30 minute race, and a free 15 minute practice. Other costs, and these are both insurance requirements: around $300 for the race school (one time fee) and yearly AMA membership @ $40. You would have to have a yearly membership to the MRA at a cost around $100. So it would cost more the first year due to the race school but otherwise it isn't bad and the $50 class fees are cheap. The class will not be scored or have a championship along with no contingency. It would be a cool class for those who want a taste of racing; without all the costs to build or buy a race bike only to find you don't want to do it. Otherwise it is a safe and better alternative to getting into trouble in the canyons.

Please post your thoughts and questions. This is going to be discussed at the rules meeting in late October and I need to get feed back to help with the argument for this class which has alot of support as is.

And

I plan on adopting as many northies as possible in this class...which means I will help with race day procedures, (if I have room) transportation to and from the track. I don't want people wandering around lost. So I am offering my help to all of those interested.

Thanks, Jeff Winter MRA # 927
    Last edited by MRA 32; Thu Sep 17th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.