To all bike riders
heres the scoop, being track manager has its perks, such as infinite track time tons of people to bounce ideas off of and recieve training from. it also has it down side like reading and listening to people blame the track for their riding. sure the track is bumpy thats a given but seeing as though this is the first time for the mra as well as many other clubs have been out to our track for many years id say for the lack of support and funding due to nonuse its in pretty good shape! just to give you an idea i working 15 days straight before the race to try and prep that track and as a one man army i had pletty on my plate. mowing every day, 72 bags of sackcrete mixed and layed down, moving bleachers and mowing under them, yelling at my weed spraying company for not showing up leaving me in a bad spot, as well as dealing with the fact some bumpkin down the way from us cut the culvert out on the east access road rendering the 70 acres above the track unuseable for parking like glenn and i had originaly planned. the fact of the matter is i would consider shane turpin a friend, and as the weekend went on i was floating between his pit and my office talking with him and his mechanic, asking if he was having any major issues with the track, they both replied with no the tracks fine its a little dirty but thats it and as saturday went on i heard from many that the track was dusting off.
i know its not perfect guys, i work there im on the track every day but bitching about how it is and not showing any willingness to support it makes it very hard for me to get the money from the powers that be for improvements.
im doing all i can with what i got(one man with a tractor and a broom.... some times a little motivation) but i cant convince my bosses by my self, the tracks is in better shape money wise than it has been in years but!!!! it isnt enough i got a quote to redo the dragon slide it came in just under $25000.00 so at that rate for a track that might make 100000 this year if things stay the same i looks bleek.
heres my plans redo between 5 and 6 this is a big area of contention, redo the dragon slide tottaly reconfiguring it (not going to tell you the layout yet it will be a suprize), move the tires back outside of four, hire somone to repave the tire curbs. im not going to do anything with the bridge if your in the right spot for the turn you have plenty of track the fast guys dont even use the paved runoff thats there now. and finaly remove the wall and tires at the bottom of the slide into 9.
let me know what you think. this is a batch of reasonable improvments. a repave no way not unless all you guys come out for every test and tunes and we have another mra race this year so dont hold your breath
other wise the more people coming out having fun the better it will be next year keep that in mind.
fee is 50.00 open tues-sunday every week every day i dont have any event is open for test and tune. alway tues thru fri no weekday events!!!!!!!!give me a call if your wondering if its open.303-961-8304 leave a message if you dont reach me
if you want some training while your at our track contact Ricky Orlando at 303-666-6061 his classes are a great way to help imrove the most important aspect of riding you.