Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition

**COHVCO ACTION ALERT**
From Jerry Abboud (COHVCO Executive Director)
House Bill 1264 that allows gives OHV owners the option of obtaining a limited use license plate and registration to travel on unpaved roads in Colorado is being heard Friday April 1st In House Appropriations. We need your support!!!!
HB1264 will finally require counties to allow travel by licensed and registered OHVs on unpaved county roads. The plate and registration is a one time fee of about $25, good for as long as you own the vehicle and there is no property tax or annual fees except for the OHV registration to fund work to keep trails open.
Here is how you can help:

• Familiarize yourself with the 13 members of the House Appropriations Committee and look at the counties they represent.
  • If one of the legislators represents you, then write a brief, sincere and polite request by e-mail to support House Bill 1264 in Appropriations.
  • If you prefer to call, there is a link to each legislator's home page that contains their office number so you may also call and leave a message of support.
  • Do so now. The sooner the better and please, please be polite

The Message you want to convey:
Below is an example of an off the cuff e-mail supporting HB1264 from a 66 year old rider.

I was just reading the article in the Post and i would very much like to see this bill pass. What can i do to help? I will talk to all my friends and make them aware of this. A good example is Black Bear Pass by Telluride. It is one way down. Once down there is no way to get back to where you are parked without going on streets in Telluride to Imogine Pass. I would very much like to see this before i die (I'm 66 years old).

Express yourself in similar personal terms. Give an example of how difficult it is to know what one county allows from another. We need uniformity. OHV recreation is a big part of tourism from both in and out of state riders. We all don't have 21 year old hearts and lungs or legs and we want access!

That's it. Now please go make your voice heard.

The Colorado OHV Coalition
"Protecting Your Access to Public Lands"

House Appropriations Committee

Counties
House District
Rep Name
Rep E-mail
Jefferson
Cheri Gerou Chair
cheri.gerou.house@state.co.us
Jefferson
Andy Kerr