Hey all,

Check it out, stupid noob got into a massive crash. Just moved down here last year, got my first bike a few weeks ago, went on my first ride on Saturday. I was the green kawi ZX6R. So for everyone who went, tons of fun! On my way to work I got into an accident. So let me first explain what happened in detail, and then let me explain to you what my problems are. So I split from the group at Blackhawk and headed East on 191/6 to I25 South, to 225 North, to Parker South, to Quincey East (I work at Quincey and Buckley). So whole trip went well, traffic got back on Parker, ended up behind this little green Bug. Driver was young female (ended up being a new driver of 16) the time I was behind her I noticed she was playing with her phone quite a bit, what I can only assume was texting, which is illegal in CO. Anyway, I was stuck behind her, got into the left turn lane onto Quincey and we both got into the middle of the three lanes. we made the left hand turn, I was behind her, giving her ample room as any normal rider would. Between Buckley and Chambers, the traffic had slowed due to a red light at Buckley, but was now accelerating. Remember this happened at 1:30 on a Saturday, so traffic was slightly heavy. SHe was playing with her phone, looked up, realized traffic had slowed, DID NOT realize traffic was now accelerating, and decided to SLAM on her brakes coming to a complete and total stop in the middle of the street approximately 1/4 mile before the light at Buckley, which was green at the time. I was chugging along behind her at 40 mph. not speeding, but I was in 6th keeping the RPMs low. I saw her brake, I dropped into 3rd and hit both front and rear brakes, but ultimately I was unable to slow all the way down in time. I ended up rear ending her, flipping over my handlebars hitting back first into her rear window. while flying over and landing, the rest of my bike made impact and fell to the ground, I next came to the ground where I fractured my radial head in my left elbow. My total injuries include, fractured radial head in left elbow, road rash on left knee and right forearm and strained every muscle in my back including both shoulders. This guys stopped (Jason) and told me he'd be a witness, and saw the girl come to a random stop. ambulance got there along with the police, I was rushed away in ambulance. Police said I was following too closely and was found at fault. So I have no idea how to proceed, in my mind I was clearly not at fault. please let me know what you think I should do, Wolfeyez gave me the idea to call Law Tigers, which I am planning on doing, but I'd like to hear from you guys, your advice, experience, and help. I was told some of our members here in the CSC are MSF certified instructors, if any of said members reads this post will you PLEASE PM me.

If you've gotten this far through, you deserve a thank you!

Rich