Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
Where is the sand training on the track? How about the "oh shit I am going to fly off the mountain" rush of blood training? Or the "Im going to slow down even tho the group of 10 is taking off".
It's called trying to pass a rider who checks up and swerving, or having to check up yourself (sand training). It's coming too hot into a corner and learning the right way to react, when there isn't a cliff staring you in the face (oh shit, a mountain!). And it's learning how to catch the pack of riders you just lost over the next turn (where'd my buddies go?). There are other things as well, like how to maintain your focus and control the bike when unexpected things happen, etc. I am absolutely a better street rider because I spend time on the track.

Anyone that thinks they are going to get any thing more from the track than corner practice is misguided.
Anyone who really feels that way about it is missing a lot! Corner practice is a highly useful thing and something you will of course gain from track time, but there are skills that apply to riding in that scenario which carry forward to many aspects of performance riding.