Thread: Fay Myers Parts Department

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Fay Myers Parts Department

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Talk to Adam in the service department... he has helped me out with the Duc a couple of times now. Super chill dude.
    It was last year for my tune, so I don't plan on going back.

Here's what happened with mine, even though Jim already knows about it.... I went in to have my bike tuned when Clarkie was working there. That's all I went in for. As the service guy and I were walking out the door, I mentioned to him to tell Clarkie that I'm going to need to get my plugs changed soon, so if the numbers aren't quite right, that would be a good reason why and I'm planning on changing them that week. (I had just bought spark plugs from Grand Prix on our way down there.) The service guy wrote it down on his sheet. Kris and I go have lunch, do some running around, then head back to the shop and wait.

They let us know when it's done and told me the price, which was WAY over the quoted price for a dyno tune. The service guy told Clarkie to CHANGE MY PLUGS! I never told him to have them changed, he just wrote it down and told him to do it. Kris is pissed, I'm pissed, I even bring in the plugs to show him that I was going to do it myself, and why would I have them change it, if I had just bought a set?? Going back and forth with the service guy, he's getting mad at me saying that I had told him to change them, and that I had signed it off. So I ask him to take the plugs out and put back my original ones so I'm not charged for them. He laughs, I sit there serious about it. I don't want to pay for something that I didn't ask for. So finally, after going back and forth for about 10 minutes, he only charges me for parts for the plugs. I'm still not happy, because money was tight at the time, and I had enough saved for just the tune, and I bought the plugs with a gift card.

So that's my experience with Fay's service department. I only went there because I would only trust Clarkie to tune my R1. I think if he ever went back to work there, I wouldn't go back to Fay. Or at least not give them any info on what I need to do to my bike.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Thu Sep 8th, 2011 at 10:33 AM.