Quote Originally Posted by MAZIN View Post
Problem is that some NRA INS use thier credentials to teach their own class outside any guidelines that the NRA provides. Whats the problem with this? Well NRA Instructors are only suppose to teach NRA Classes using thier creadentials. Just stating fact.
NO...NRA instructors are only supposed to teach "NRA Classes" following NRA guidelines. I am free to teach anything else as long as I don't identify it as a NRA class. I am free to teach the CCW class and supported by the NRA when I do. I just can't say it is a NRA class, which it isn't.

However in order for the state to accept me teaching the CCW class I have to be CERTIFIED AS A FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR BY one of the following;
(a) A COUNTY, MUNICIPAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY;

(b) THE PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING BOARD CREATED IN SECTION 24-31-302, C.R.S.;
(c) A FEDERAL MILITARY AGENCY; OR
(d) A NATIONAL NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT CERTIFIES FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS, OPERATES NATIONAL FIREARMS COMPETITIONS, AND PROVIDES TRAINING, INCLUDING COURSES IN PERSONAL PROTECTION, IN SMALL ARMS SAFETY, USE, AND MARKSMANSHIP. (GEE...I wonder who they might be refering too here)

The NRA allows me to use my NRA instructors certificate to verify that I have met the requirements of being a certified NRA instructor to the state as long as I do not refer to any class that is not specificly a NRA class as a NRA class.

So if you really were a NRA instructor you would know that as it is very clear in the NRA's trainer's guide.