Well yesterday I got to test the sturdiness of the 01 Dakota I owned. Didn't mean to test it, but I thought I'd report the results with you guys.

Engine revved unexpectedly in a downhill off-camber corner on a dirt road, and I almost managed to save it after the rear tires broke loose, but overcorrected, went off of the dirt road, onto the soft shoulder, and down a 4 foot embankment. Rolled the truck with a buddy and myself inside of it. We're both perfectly fine, quite literally out of there without a scratch. He has a bruise, I have a sore neck/shoulders.

The truck went over once, landed back on it's wheels against some small trees, and was still revving to high hell when we stopped, still wanted to move too, but I shut it off immediately.

Anyway, A, B, and C pillars were bent on both sides, but no more than 2 inches at most, the roof metal was crushed in, but the protective arches definitely did their job. Amazingly, both doors still worked and we were able to get out without a problem. Back quarter glass on both sides shattered, back drivers glass and sliding glass shattered, and passenger window shattered. Windshield was cracked and spidered.

The craziest part to me is that even after being pulled sideways and up a 4 foot 80 degree embankment, everything underneath was just fine. Wheels were straight and true, tires still inflated, even the alignment still looked good. No broken suspension/drivetrain pieces to report.

And yes, I managed to have the frame of mind to grab a picture...