Just an FYI for those CSC homeowners who've contemplated refi'ing their home loan. They've been dropping over the last couple years, but this is seriously the lowest I've EVER seen, and many people think the lowest you will ever get here in the U.S.

Yesterday my co-workers got quotes of the high 2%'s on 15yr fixed notes! I saw many 3.75% 30yr fixed notes. Both with zero points, ~$400 appraisal, & up to $500 in lender fees. Just rough numbers, but you get the idea. I assume closing costs around $1500 or so, after all that. Today they actually went up an 1/8 to a 1/4, so now they're seeing 3% on 15yr fixed.

This is a good week to watch closely, every day if you're serious.

I currently have 5 1/8 on a 30yr, so it's definitely time to shop around. Obviously those rates are gonna be for people with at least 700-800+ range FICO, minimal non-home debt, adequate appraisal, and minimum 80% LTV to avoid PMI insurance. I don't work in the business, just passing the info along in case you don't watch it often enough and want to re-fi.

For starters, check:

www.BestRate.com

www.BankRate.com

www.LoansAtWholesale.com

Those are some of our favorite places to shop rates. I have no experience with the banks in there, because my main bank is also my lender and has always got me a decent deal.