I'm taking a new job, hopefully a step in the right direction. The problem is, one of the first things I'm doing with my job is getting my class A. Apparently my record right now isn't too bad as I brought up my driving record with my boss and since my license is still valid it doesn't sound like it's an issue now, BUT... consequences are much higher for tickets for a driver with a CDL whether it is on the clock in a work truck, or on their time off on a motorcycle. Can't have two separate licenses.

I've had my share of tickets this year--pretty much only have my license based on a technicality. I'll be doing a lot less cross country driving with my car, and I won't be inclined to speed in a work truck so it should really force me to behave a lot more. However, the whole issue about possibly losing my job to a speeding ticket on a MOTORCYCLE on my time off though, sucks!

Anybody else in this predicament?

I think my mission in life now should be to allow CDL drivers to also carry a standard drivers license. I get that a ticket you get is much more serious in a work truck than in your personal vehicle, but it seems wrong that any ticket you get outside of work carries so much weight.

/end rant